OT: Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Man i miss golf and it's only been 2 months . :banghead: We at least always go somewhere during the winter and golf , gives you a break from winter and lets you golf 4 or 5 games , not this year. :(
We spend every other Christmas in Hawaii and this was that year. Sad now.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We spend every other Christmas in Hawaii and this was that year. Sad now.
Ooooo , that's tough. Been alot of places but not Hawaii and that is on the list for sure. We go to LA alot and that's how i got to golf Pebble Beach, Spyglass and Poppy Hills. Man those are some beauty golf courses.

Reactions: buggs

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ooooo , that's tough. Been alot of places but not Hawaii and that is on the list for sure. We go to LA alot and that's how i got to golf Pebble Beach, Spyglass and Poppy Hills. Man those are some beauty golf courses.
Some amazing courses in Hawaii as well (duh). Some are actually pretty cheap to play, but those tend to be the ones away from the ocean. I've only played Maui Nui, which nobody ever hears of because it's far from the most scenic or well known. But it was a heck of a lot cheaper. I've visited most of the courses though and boy it would be fun to play Kapalua or Wailea.

On the Big Island we went to the pro shop of Mauna Lani and some dude was paying for his family to play a round. $3400 for 8 of them. Different world than where I live but it sure was pretty.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some amazing courses in Hawaii as well (duh). Some are actually pretty cheap to play, but those tend to be the ones away from the ocean. I've only played Maui Nui, which nobody ever hears of because it's far from the most scenic or well known. But it was a heck of a lot cheaper. I've visited most of the courses though and boy it would be fun to play Kapalua or Wailea.

On the Big Island we went to the pro shop of Mauna Lani and some dude was paying for his family to play a round. $3400 for 8 of them. Different world than where I live but it sure was pretty.
That's alot of toonies , 500 to golf Pebble is goofy and so is 350 for Spyglass, only 200 at Poppy, good deal. :laugh: St.Andrews was a steal for 200. ;)

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Man i miss golf and it's only been 2 months . :banghead: We at least always go somewhere during the winter and golf , gives you a break from winter and lets you golf 4 or 5 games , not this year. :(

With all the money you're saving you should buy a golf simulator for the basement. You could have your brother in law over for golf and gummies.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I got an email yesterday that I can play Pebble for $475 right now. Woohoo, big discount.
Ya you have enough money left over for a glass of water. :laugh: Imagine adding another $150 to that because your Canadian dollar isn't worth crap down there. :confused: $625 Canadian for a round of golf, good deal. :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Ya you have enough money left over for a glass of water. :laugh: Imagine adding another $150 to that because your Canadian dollar isn't worth crap down there. :confused: $625 Canadian for a round of golf, good deal. :laugh:
Only $ 6.25 a stroke for me :eek:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
You didn't factor in the box of Pro V1s. You're easily over $7/stroke (I'm probably running $8).
Don’t forget $100ish for a caddie, $50ish for a cart (cart path only), or sling your clubs on your shoulder because they won’t let you bring your push cart. I play golf in Monterey several times a year but I’ve only played Pebble twice. It’s expensive and hard to get good tee times. That said, it is special and well worth the money to play it once in your life.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Don’t forget $100ish for a caddie, $50ish for a cart (cart path only), or sling your clubs on your shoulder because they won’t let you bring your push cart. I play golf in Monterey several times a year but I’ve only played Pebble twice. It’s expensive and hard to get good tee times. That said, it is special and well worth the money to play it once in your life.
You don't have to get a caddy or at least i didn't. I didn't get one in St.Andrews either although you could but i'm too cheap. :laugh:

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

The last thing in life I need is a caddy. I know I'm not good. I know I'm probably making a poor club selection. I don't need somebody making disapproving looks at me on the golf course. If I want that, I'll take my wife. :eek:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The last thing in life I need is a caddy. I know I'm not good. I know I'm probably making a poor club selection. I don't need somebody making disapproving looks at me on the golf course. If I want that, I'll take my wife. :eek:
:laugh: The way i look at it is i have enough shit in my head without adding another voice. :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So there are rumblings about reopening gyms again so I should touch base with Golftec.

Yes bumping this thread is a tactic for coping with minus 1000 weather :help: :laugh:
I may finally get to hit some sticks with our pro inside so i can decide on what i'm going to get. :)

Reactions: ps241

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

I golfed the North Course at Mauna Lani for $85 two years ago. Nice track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->