Signing(s): Golden Tate with the Giants (4 years, $37.5 million)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I figured Gettleman vacilated from a win-now to a tank approach between last season and this season but I didn't realize he was vacilating on it week-to-week now.

They really are operating under the premise that their players = win now, everyone else's players = no good. If you're going with a rebuild approach why sign this player? If you're going with a win-now approach then it's inexcuable to have 1/10 of your cap be dead money on Beckham's contract and then pay another 1/10 of your cap to a short-term replacement.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird that a rebuilding team (they're rebuilding, right?) is making this signing. Will this end up affecting their comp picks?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'd rather have a seasoned 16 year old Madden player as GM than Dave Gettleman
what's worse than clueless? Aimless?

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Some moar #Gettlemagic

Luckily the Giants are pretty bad already so Nippleshorts can't destroy them much more.

giphy.gif

Go on...

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Yuuuup. & helped out their division rivals.

....what in the hell is DYAR?

Gotta love how an article throws some random letters around without explaining them and acting like it means something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I figured Gettleman vacilated from a win-now to a tank approach between last season and this season but I didn't realize he was vacilating on it week-to-week now.

They really are operating under the premise that their players = win now, everyone else's players = no good. If you're going with a rebuild approach why sign this player? If you're going with a win-now approach then it's inexcuable to have 1/10 of your cap be dead money on Beckham's contract and then pay another 1/10 of your cap to a short-term replacement.

They're not tanking, they just wanted to get rid of Beckham.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
....what in the hell is DYAR?

Gotta love how an article throws some random letters around without explaining them and acting like it means something.
It's defense adjusted yards above replacement. It dropped a lot during his time in Philly. He also the league in yards after catch from 2014-2017 and was leading again last year at the time Detroit traded him. No mention of that tho.

Any stat that ranks Tate as the worst WR in the league, isn't worth paying attention to. Every team in the league would love to have him on their roster. The question is, how long he can keep it up with him already being 31 already.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's defense adjusted yards above replacement. It dropped a lot during his time in Philly. He also the league in yards after catch from 2014-2017 and was leading again last year at the time Detroit traded him. No mention of that tho.

Any stat that ranks Tate as the worst WR in the league, isn't worth paying attention to. Every team in the league would love to have him on their roster. The question is, how long he can keep it up with him already being 31 already.
All of these free agent contracts are only expected to last 2-3 years before that player is either cut or asked to take a pay cut. Tate isn't going to be a Giant for all 4 years of the deal. Guaranteed money is reported to be around $23 million.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just a 5th for Collins while Tate would get a 4th?

Giants will still get a 3rd for Collins. The Tate signing cancels out the pick they would've gotten for Jamon Brown.

Over The Cap and Nick Korte do a good job for comp picks......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad