GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Wow, almost a full house tonight, its going to be a great atmosphere and loud.....love the way EM is sticking it to the boycott crowd.

:laugh:

Honestly man, I want the Sens to do well and I look forward to supporting a properly run team (because we are, in fact, a team - as we were told) once again, but this is a post for the ages. Sticking it to the boycott crowd by giving away his product for free? This is HFBoards gold.

Glad the building will be papered to atmosphere. I do like seeing the building full. But sticking it to the people who have principles? If you're going to use the term "boycotters", then at least realize the people who are staying away with an end game in mind are getting exactly what they want with this.

Sticking it to the boycotters. :laugh:

Beer's cold in the fridge. Go Sens Go tonight! That is, if they've resumed paying attention more regularly.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Uhh, no.

"The best of times" was the season after our Cup Finals appearance, where we had just over 13.5k STHs. That's the single-season high.

10,000 was a low-mid number during our best runs. We averaged over 11k for a while, topped 12k a few times in that span.

11,500. Once according to management, so take it for what it is worth

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I am a paying fan kiddo, with numerous seats and with Club Bell. So, I have enough funds tide up in the games and I am completely elated that there are fans in the building. So, nope, not pissed here. And I bet he will get quite a few new paying fans signing up. This team is exciting to watch, win or lose.
Hey "kiddo" no one is buying the BS you peddle.

You think the average STH is going to be happy to know other fans are getting for free what they paid thousands for?

Keep dreaming. The STH's were already pissed at EM. This will not help and is not a long term solution to devalue your product.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
:laugh:

Honestly man, I want the Sens to do well and I look forward to supporting a properly run team (because we are, in fact, a team - as we were told) once again, but this is a post for the ages. Sticking it to the boycott crowd by giving away his product for free? This is HFBoards gold.

Glad the building will be papered to atmosphere. I do like seeing the building full. But sticking it to the people who have principles? If you're going to use the term "boycotters", then at least realize the people who are staying away with an end game in mind are getting exactly what they want with this.

Sticking it to the boycotters. :laugh:

Beer's cold in the fridge. Go Sens Go tonight! That is, if they've resumed paying attention more regularly.

Dont give him the time of day.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I'm on the boycott train but that doesn't mean I can't be happy about a game with good attendance either.
I'm thrilled.

Good atmosphere for the team and clearly demonstrates that EM is in full panic mode.

This is not a viable solution for the franchise and will simply continue to devalue his product and piss off his remaining STH's if it continues.

MASSIVE win for the boycotters.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
With all the injuries and no line rushes this morning, here's a crack at the forward lines for tonight:

Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Tkachuk - Tierney - Boedker
Paul - White - Ryan
Pyatt - Paajarvi

Not entirely sure which defenceman will be scratched tonight so here's a look at the pairings from yesterday's practice:

Chabot - DeMelo
Lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - Jaros
Wideman - Burgdoerfer

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Golden Knights
It will take a lot for GB to scratch son Tom hey?

Anyway Excited to watch BT play

GSG

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm thrilled.

Good atmosphere for the team and clearly demonstrates that EM is in full panic mode.

This is not a viable solution for the franchise and will simply continue to devalue his product and piss off his remaining STH's if it continues.

Yep. I'd be willing to bet, a lot of season ticket holders who have to scrape together the cash to spend thousands on those tickets really don't like seeing half the seats in the arena filled by freebies. That's what killed the Florida STH base.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm thrilled.

Yeah, FULL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With all the injuries and no line rushes this morning, here's a crack at the forward lines for tonight:

Dzingel - Duchene - Stone
Tkachuk - Tierney - Boedker
Paul - White - Ryan
Pyatt - Paajarvi

Not entirely sure which defenceman will be scratched tonight so here's a look at the pairings from yesterday's practice:

Chabot - DeMelo
Lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - Jaros
Wideman - Burgdoerfer

Game Day Notes: Sens vs. Golden Knights

Looks like it could be according to pregame show
Tkachuk Tierney Ryan
Paul White Boedker

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That's ridiculous. Then the lines are still really uneven.

You gotta go 9-8-3

9 forwards - 3 lines
8 D - 4 lines
3 goalies - one for each period

That's how Boucher, the Sens and the entire league need to go to take hockey to the next level.

Going by Boucher's reasoning behind 7-11, this is actually quite logical.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Yah but 11-7 it'll be a blender especially for the guys in the bottom 6. One shift with that guy playing one position, the next one with another guy playing another position, no wonder they blow their Dzone coverage , especially after a one or two player change on the fly.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hey "kiddo" no one is buying the BS you peddle.

You think the average STH is going to be happy to know other fans are getting for free what they paid thousands for?

Keep dreaming. The STH's were already pissed at EM. This will not help and is not a long term solution to devalue your product.
Well, if the free tickets are for the Armed Forces & their families or for special needs families or CHEO or to boys & girls clubs, to kids hockey teams or school kids or anyone who can't afford to go to games, I'm find with it.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't it time for the NHL to go to a 21 man roster for games rather than the normal 20 man roster? With all the injuries occurring these days & the importance of the D increasing the roster by one D-man IMO makes sense since I assume most teams would add the extra defenceman rather than an extra forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad