GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The way I see 11-7 is that it gives Boucher the freedom to bench one of the defensemen if they're having a bad game. It's easy to bench a forward if they're having a bad game, but if a defenseman is having a bad game, it's really hard to bench him if we only have 6.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Only reason I see for 11-7 is we are blocking a lot of shots (272 bks ,1st in NHL)
Wich could lead to a D getting injured and leaving the game early
Plus there's the Boro factor (can get thrown out of the game at any moment)

But like someone said its supicious since not many teams use it

I don't like it either cuz the kids need stability in the line up instead of having diff linemates every shift

Anyway GSKG

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
If we had no injuries and actually had a great 4th line, then ya 11-7 seems like a real dumb idea.

But considering our 4th line options right now, less is more imo..

Reactions: bert

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
LV loves to shoot the puck,something our team I wish could wrap its head around and copy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I can't stand 11-7 ... I have no idea why Boucher likes it. It disrupts the D pairings ... one shift with this guy, one shift with that guy... and it disrupts the lines With young players in the lineup It just makes it that much harder when you are trying to figure things out.

Completely agree with everything here, I also get the feeling, especially with this team, that playing 11-7 leads to more confusion, thus more too many men penalties.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I question its utility. It isn't used often around the league or by reputable coaches which makes me question whether it is a useful strategy. If it was a really effective tactic then it would increase the chances of success and would be emulated around the league.

I don't know what Boucher rationale is or whether he has a strong argument for employing it. It seems disruptive to the forward group as they are not able to develop as much chemistry. So far it has resulted in players like pyatt and paajarvi being pushed up the depth chart which isn't great because they can't contribute much as 3rd liners so it almost results in 2 offensive lines, a 4th line and then a semi 4th line. It hasn't allowed the send to roll 4 lines that are a threat to produce offensively. Additionally the 7th d man has ended up playing very few minutes which hurts the team in done sense.

It reminds me of the problems that occurred with having a pure enforcer. It would cause the team to have a player who could only play 5 minutes which hurt the teams ability to create offense from its depth. I don't understand the advantage of using 11-7 if the 7th d man is not going to get much ice time. Boucher loves it for some reason he even tried wideman st forward last season so he could try and use that regularly.

@ianmendes would be wonderful if a sports journalist out there would look into this and do some sort of analysis that doesn't involve wins and losses and come up with some statistics to see if this is actually to the team's benefit or a detriment to the team. Would actually love more tactical discussion as well on all aspects on the Sens yet we don't get much of that either.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The way I see 11-7 is that it gives Boucher the freedom to bench one of the defensemen if they're having a bad game. It's easy to bench a forward if they're having a bad game, but if a defenseman is having a bad game, it's really hard to bench him if we only have 6.

If Boucher is thinking this way then he should not be a professional coach. There needs to be an explanation as to why he feels this works better. Has anyone bothered to ask?? Didn't think so.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
boucher: andy in nets,bobby in, boro in, rodewald sent down,Smith started skating

Ufa line will remain together for now, although Tkachuk and Stone have chemistry.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Is there something special happening tonight? I checked a day or two ago and the half of the tickets for game were unsold. I look today and it is nearly sold-out.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There's an alternative universe where this is Karlsson and Ryan's return to the CTC with all eyes being on blockbuster Senators acquisition Cody Eakin to see how he responds against his former team.

Reactions: Deku

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If Boucher is thinking this way then he should not be a professional coach. There needs to be an explanation as to why he feels this works better. Has anyone bothered to ask?? Didn't think so.

It has been asked.... a million times. Just because you're too lazy to look it up doesn't mean it hasn't been asked:

...and asked again:

Do you really want the media to ask again? Boucher embarrassed Brucie for asking the question too many times. You're worse than Brucie at this point.

Reactions: solidprospect

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
check out smith, name taped on his helmet :laugh:

45711234_10156714454904477_610311768975081472_n.jpg

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It has been asked.... a million times. Just because you're too lazy to look it up doesn't mean it hasn't been asked:

...and asked again:

Do you really want the media to ask again? Boucher embarrassed Brucie for asking the question too many times. You're worse than Brucie at this point.

No sure I need to answer to your quips, but instead, I thank you for providing me those clips.

His answer really did nothing to convince me that this is the right approach with this team or with any team.

Would, LOVE for someone to provide a statistical analysis on the advantages/disadvantages of deploy the team this way, other than wins and losses.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Is there something special happening tonight? I checked a day or two ago and the half of the tickets for game were unsold. I look today and it is nearly sold-out.
Apparently lots of youth hockey teams are going, and the Sens have called season ticket holders and offered this game for free.

The rink has been well papered for tonight.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation

Half of it is the the Brady factor obviously, the other half is fans who still think Karlsson was dealt to Vegas at the deadline last year.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
On the other hand, I'm sure there would be plenty of season ticket holders with a PROPER NHL franchise and, more importantly owner :naughty:

Yeah, maybe you are right, Then again, even in the best of times, STHs were barely at 10K here so...

Reactions: RaMai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->