GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I stopped watching early in the second period but I am not sure that was goalie interférence: Carrier does not enter the blue paint and Anderson initiates contact by reaching out with his leg.

As far as the Silf on Price call, we all know how the refs treat games in Montréal.

Not a penalty, but not a goal is how I see it. Andy did not trip him, he was reacting to the puck going by and kicked his leg out. They are , and correct me if I'm wrong, deeming as if he went to trip Carrier. Simply not true and a case of people looking waaaay too far into a review. Tell you this: if they disallowed it , no one on Vegas would have batted an eye. Instead they were visibly laughing after the goal. Total joke.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lajoie really had a tough game last night. Maybe it was the 7D but I am hoping this is not a trend. The coach didn't make alot of adjustments. Marc Crawford needs to figure something out.

Wideman does not have NHL speed, at all. Just so slow and clearly not completely healed from his injury last year. He is a detriment and surely will be the scratch, one would think.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The same people that are costing us games and not contributing anything to offset their terribleness night after night.

Tom Pyatt
Cody Ceci
Magnus Paarjvi
Mark Boroweicki
Raymond's terrible PK
Crawford's terrible defense structure allowing 40 shots a night.
Boucher continuing reluctance on leaning on the 4 above mentioned names night after night for the past 2 years is killing my interest this year in watching games. He hasn't learned and will never learn. Stubborn as **** and its painful to watch the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Pyatt and Paajarvi play the least amongst our regular forwards and Borowiecki 2nd least amongst regular DMen. I don't know what other options there are. All of our DMen, to a man, are stretched about as thin as they can go. Hopefully, Paul isn't sent down.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think its about distribution of minutes and the fact that a PK's success is determined more by structure and system than it is about the players who are out there. It's not about them being the best players for the role, its about them being least suited for other roles. Basically anyone with an NHL skillset should be able to PK effectively, so long as the structure and system are there - not anyone can operate well within a powerplay or play against top defensive matchups and still produce, though.

Just my theory. @Flamingo brings up some valid points as well imo.

31st in the league and 67% success on the PK .. as well as being 30th in the league in faceoff % on the PK tells me its at least as much a personnel issue. I think we would be much better with Pageau and Smith as our primary PKers vs Pyatt and Paajarvi .. in the same system... We have to try to see if we have personnel that can outperform Boro and Ceci in that role as well.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
i didn't think we played poorly at all. I came in with about 14 left in the second and I didn't think we got dominated at all. that fourth line caused us problems which im still trying to figure out why...
Because that 4th line is bigger, tougher & stronger than anyone GB put out against them & they dominated our smaller softer players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wideman does not have NHL speed, at all. Just so slow and clearly not completely healed from his injury last year. He is a detriment and surely will be the scratch, one would think.
I'm of the opinion that since Wideman, Pyatt & Paajarvi are all UFAs that they will be moved at some point leading up to the deadline. At least I hope so, I don't see any other need for them moving forward & they should be replaced by better, younger & cheaper players.

Crappy day to be driving around today, have a nice weekend.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Pyatt and Paajarvi play the least amongst our regular forwards and Borowiecki 2nd least amongst regular DMen. I don't know what other options there are. All of our DMen, to a man, are stretched about as thin as they can go. Hopefully, Paul isn't sent down.

Playing the least doesn't mean they aren't getting important "shut down minutes" where they just get scored on constantly.

As in terms of defense.

Chabot- DeMelo
Lajoie - Wideman
Wolanin - Jaros

Boro sent to hell
Ceci sent to hell or Edmonton for a forward.
Harpur 7th dman.

Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Tierney - Stone
Ceci return - Smith - Ryan
Paarjvi - Paul - AHL call up.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Playing the least doesn't mean they aren't getting important "shut down minutes" where they just get scored on constantly.

As in terms of defense.

Chabot- DeMelo
Lajoie - Wideman
Wolanin - Jaros

Boro sent to hell
Harpur 7th dman.

I'm not against any of that stuff and I suspect a lot of it will occur, but that doesn't make us a better team. It gets us assets and opens up spots. Right now, neither of those things are particularly prudent - in fact, pursuing those avenues right now seems to be the opposite of prudent.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

As in terms of defense.

Chabot- DeMelo
Lajoie - Wideman
Wolanin - Jaros

Boro sent to hell
Harpur 7th dman.

Wideman is garbage. I'd rather Boro or Harpur and that's coming from somebody who doesn't like either. Otherwise, I'm fine with it. We need another RHD if we move Ceci because leaning more on Wideman is a recipe for disaster unless the goal is to devalue Wideman to the point that he can't get another contract come end of the season.

Reactions: aragorn and Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm of the opinion that since Wideman, Pyatt & Paajarvi are all UFAs that they will be moved at some point leading up to the deadline. At least I hope so, I don't see any other need for them moving forward & they should be replaced by better, younger & cheaper players.

Thanks , u too pal

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018

How much cheaper can you get?!?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
It's to open up even more money to re-sign Stone, Duchene, Dzingel & Ceci & doesn't give PD the excuse they can't afford them.
So it opens up maybe 3M? I say trade Ceci too while you are at it and I have a feeling that it will be either Stone or Duchene signing not both.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So it opens up maybe 3M? I say trade Ceci too while you are at it and I have a feeling that it will be either Stone or Duchene signing not both.
Oh there are a few more players that they should get rid of too & open up more money if they could starting with Condon.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Isn't it time for the NHL to go to a 21 man roster for games rather than the normal 20 man roster? With all the injuries occurring these days & the importance of the D increasing the roster by one D-man IMO makes sense since I assume most teams would add the extra defenceman rather than an extra forward.

No, 22 makes more sense: 4 sets of 3F2D, plus 2 goaltenders. Then you can run 4 lines virtually all the time. :)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, 22 makes more sense: 4 sets of 3F2D, plus 2 goaltenders. Then you can run 4 lines virtually all the time. :)
Or four units of 5 players who play together all the time similar to what the Russians used to do. :laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I used to agree with this take, but it stands to reason that there are players on your team that have skills that aren't purely offensive.

Sure, hockey players aren't as specialized as, say, football players, where you wouldn't want a linebacker returning a punt. But it's an extreme example that serves the point... there are players with defensive aptitudes that don't necessarily score so much. They're probably good PK'ers. And if the offensive talent on your team would be just as good at PK, why would a coach tire them out on a PK unit? They should be saved for 5 v 5 and PP.

If Tyler is baffled, it's because he's a simpleton.
If you keep reading be point tho..... we shelter these guys at all times. Never want them against top lines (in general). Yet when we’re a man down and the opposition has put together a 5 man juggernaut powerplay.... we throw those players out there lol

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->