GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
uMj5pY.jpg

Evolving-Hockey
Is this player stats compared to team avg?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
According to tsn 1200, it looks like White and Tkachuk might be paired together, with Paajarvi.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha....haha...haaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahaha

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
According to tsn 1200, it looks like White and Tkachuk might be paired together, with Paajarvi.

I really like the Tkachuk - White idea, I just wish we had a better right wing option than Pajaarvi. Hell I’d rather Smith take it over once healthy. I’d be looking to bring in a youngish winger with actual upside at a discount value. Aka Tanner Pearson.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Excited to be in a full building tonight! Players have something to build on. As meager as the crowds have been, the fans have been into it

Reactions: Clayonator

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Excited to be in a full building tonight! Players have something to build on. As meager as the crowds have been, the fans have been into it
You know it's funny because back in the day when we had consistent sellouts the crowd wasn't as loud as it is in the past few years. Perhaps it's the younger generation being able to afford tickets which upticks the atmosphere.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Full building? You sure about that?

It's probably won't be to capacity (the only real measure of a full building), but this shows there are only a few hundred or maybe a thousand or so tickets left. Papering must have been done on the sly.

Tickets | Ottawa Senators vs. Vegas Golden Knights - Kanata, ON at Ticketmaster

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Sens are using 11-7 tonight for the lineup. There hasn't been mention of who the healthy scratch will be. I would think it would be pyatt or McCormick

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hate 11-7. I may be in the minority, but I actually despise it.
I can't stand 11-7 ... I have no idea why Boucher likes it. It disrupts the D pairings ... one shift with this guy, one shift with that guy... and it disrupts the lines With young players in the lineup It just makes it that much harder when you are trying to figure things out.

Reactions: topshelf15

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
7-11 is just the worst.

The slurpees are always too sweet, and the taquitos, or hot dogs, or anything on that heater/roller thing have probably been there for weeks before you're seeing them at the counter.

Then there's always a guy ahead of you in line buying a thousand lotto tickets when you just want a pack of gum, or that guy who is always just sort of hanging out in the store that makes everyone else think it's about to get robbed...

Yeah. 7-11s are miserable. I can get on board with this.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm with you. It's never worked, which makes sense for Boucher because he loves rolling out the same broken strategies.

11-7 is the worst.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I question its utility. It isn't used often around the league or by reputable coaches which makes me question whether it is a useful strategy. If it was a really effective tactic then it would increase the chances of success and would be emulated around the league.

I don't know what Boucher rationale is or whether he has a strong argument for employing it. It seems disruptive to the forward group as they are not able to develop as much chemistry. So far it has resulted in players like pyatt and paajarvi being pushed up the depth chart which isn't great because they can't contribute much as 3rd liners so it almost results in 2 offensive lines, a 4th line and then a semi 4th line. It hasn't allowed the send to roll 4 lines that are a threat to produce offensively. Additionally the 7th d man has ended up playing very few minutes which hurts the team in done sense.

It reminds me of the problems that occurred with having a pure enforcer. It would cause the team to have a player who could only play 5 minutes which hurt the teams ability to create offense from its depth. I don't understand the advantage of using 11-7 if the 7th d man is not going to get much ice time. Boucher loves it for some reason he even tried wideman st forward last season so he could try and use that regularly.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
11 and 7 is dumb...Let the best 6 play and build some sort of confidence as a unit....

Reactions: Deku

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
7-11 is just the worst.

The slurpees are always too sweet, and the taquitos, or hot dogs, or anything on that heater/roller thing have probably been there for weeks before you're seeing them at the counter.

Then there's always a guy ahead of you in line buying a thousand lotto tickets when you just want a pack of gum, or that guy who is always just sort of hanging out in the store that makes everyone else think it's about to get robbed...

Yeah. 7-11s are miserable. I can get on board with this.

I wish we still had 7 Elevens in Ottawa. Circle K's are okay but Quickies suck. I don't know how those stores stay in business unless they're fronts for criminal organizations.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad