GDT: Golden Knights vs Senators | Caption This! Edition | Nov 8th, 7:30 PM @ CTC

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
uMj5pY.jpg

Evolving-Hockey

Reactions: Alex1234

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I’d go:

Dzingel Duchene Stone

Tkachuk Tierney Boedker

Paul White Ryan

McCormick Pyatt Pajaarvi

Chabot DeMelo

Lajoie Ceci

Wideman Jaros

(Assuming Boro injured, in which case he takes Wideman’s spot.)

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I like our players seeing an actual NHL sized crowd behind them at home.
I am more concerned about the long-term interests of the franchise than the player's feelings in a throw away season.

I can see where you are coming from though.

Reactions: bert

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I am more concerned about the long-term interests of the franchise than the player's feelings in a throw away season.

I can see where you are coming from though.

I personally don’t believe a half empty Arena is worth the cost of losing our long term pieces due to demoralization and walking away from what should be a real hockey market. If we’re talking an empty arena then a sale happens fast, but right now all an average of 15000 does is spell apathy. You’re not gonna convince the remaining 15000 to all stay at home. If it were that simple I’d be on board, but it isn’t.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I personally don’t believe a half empty Arena is worth the cost of losing our long term pieces due to demoralization and walking away from what should be a real hockey market. If we’re talking an empty arena then a sale happens fast, but right now all an average of 15000 does is spell apathy. You’re not gonna convince the remaining 15000 to all stay at home. If it were that simple I’d be on board, but it isn’t.
Paid attendance is well below 15,000 and dropping.

In my opinion, getting rid of Melnyk is priority #1 for the long-term interests of the NHL in Ottawa.

Stone and Duchene will likely be gone with or without a full arena, as Melnyk has made it clear he wants to minimize $ leading into lockout and Lebreton.

Reactions: Multigrain

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
NHL Showdown Ahead

The CBA is set to expire on September 15, 2022. However, the terms of the current agreement would extend on a year to year basis from that date, unless the league or NHL Players Association (NHLPA) give written notice by May 18, 2022, that they intend to terminate the agreement. This date is crucial.
Of late, one key point of the CBA has become widely reported. Section 3.1 paragraph (b) of the CBA is the so-called opt-out clause that gives the league and the NHLPA the right to terminate the agreement before the start of the 2020-21 season.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-players-planning-lockout-signing-bonuses/

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad