Confirmed with Link: Golden Knights sign Vadim Shipachyov

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
How many points does he get next yr now that we have some sort of sense of who his team mates will be?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Neal / March / Perron on his wings?

~18 minutes a night / 1st line pp.

I would be dissapointed with anything under 50 points.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Neal / March / Perron on his wings?

~18 minutes a night / 1st line pp.

I would be dissapointed with anything under 50 points.

Ship is going to be our default #1C. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he used to playing with a right-shot LW and a left-shot RW in Russia? I would love to put Perron on his left and Neal on his right, to pump up the trade value on both of them. Should be able to get Ship his 50 points like you said. :)

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Ship is going to be our default #1C. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he used to playing with a right-shot LW and a left-shot RW in Russia? I would love to put Perron on his left and Neal on his right, to pump up the trade value on both of them. Should be able to get Ship his 50 points like you said. :)

The KHL to NHL conversions I've seen from previous years for him have been roughly 70 points. They're not always accurate predictors, but of course we saw Panarin directly translate so I think the key is two questions:

1. Does the team play a style that favors him?

Answer: McPhee has sort of debunked assumptions that we'll be a defense-oriented team in approach. That plus his history demonstrates this team is looking at the right style to favor a guy like Ship.

2. Are his wingers of sufficient quality?

Answer: right now yes, he will have enough on his wings to expect good production. But that might change depending on how assets are flipped and when in order to accrue more picks in next year's draft.

I'd say 50 points is the lower end of what I want to see from Ship if he has wingers of Perron/Neal quality. 70 is probably the upper end, which would be on par with what he's been doing in the KHL.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The KHL to NHL conversions I've seen from previous years for him have been roughly 70 points. They're not always accurate predictors, but of course we saw Panarin directly translate so I think the key is two questions:

1. Does the team play a style that favors him?

Answer: McPhee has sort of debunked assumptions that we'll be a defense-oriented team in approach. That plus his history demonstrates this team is looking at the right style to favor a guy like Ship.

2. Are his wingers of sufficient quality?

Answer: right now yes, he will have enough on his wings to expect good production. But that might change depending on how assets are flipped and when in order to accrue more picks in next year's draft.

I'd say 50 points is the lower end of what I want to see from Ship if he has wingers of Perron/Neal quality. 70 is probably the upper end, which would be on par with what he's been doing in the KHL.

I personally think we're all getting a little caught up in the draft picks. There's a chance GMGM will take them all the way to the draft and select prospects with the picks he's accrued, but I think there's a better chance they get flipped for players.

Meaning that if we need a Methot-ish player, we've got a second round and a prospect to flip for that type of player. Works with forwards too.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I personally think we're all getting a little caught up in the draft picks. There's a chance GMGM will take them all the way to the draft and select prospects with the picks he's accrued, but I think there's a better chance they get flipped for players.

Meaning that if we need a Methot-ish player, we've got a second round and a prospect to flip for that type of player. Works with forwards too.

Exactly. We've stockpiled assets + cap space. We could get in on anyone that becomes available in the next few years.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

I could see that. Also in that event I would guess it would be for young and cost controlled guys who come with a little risk but have upside.

And I think Methot is a good example of his direction in building this thing. He had a top four pairing blueliner under two years of control so that move of him for a mediocre return makes me think he's looking down the line at his targeted window.

What will really be rough is what if this team plays well up to the deadline? Then you just know they're going to flip those forwards for value barring one of them signing an extension with the team. And how will the city react? Lot of hockey fans that are used to that stuff, granted, but will they be angry the team tanked by selling high on short term forward assets?

This is gonna be a fun season, but also very interesting. Just to watch how he does his thing. So many ways he can go still in that balancing act of future vs wins.

wildandwoolly

Scrappy Salad
Jul 3, 2012
Catskills
I'm really excited to watch the Knights. While it'll probably be a couple years to get to an acceptable place - I think Shipachyov is going to shock everyone. His line will be very entertaining to watch at the very least. McPhee has some experience transitioning KHL players to NHL, so fully expect Ship to continue to be a scoring leader over here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad