Confirmed with Link: Golden Knights sign Vadim Shipachyov

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Very late to this thread but this is obviously big for us. Good to see the first moving pieces come into play, with no offense to Reid Duke.

I don't know. Guy's already 35 and wants to go to a contender.
Meh. I hear you, but I don't think Kovy gives a **** about the Stanley Cup.
Money and media exposure, absolutely. His actions don't indicate a burning passion for NA Hockey accolades, though.
Besides, his most likely team should he play in the NHL is the Devils. This would be a lateral move in terms of contender status. I would already take our defensive corps :sarcasm:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Do you have any desire to move to Las Vegas? :laugh:

Heh, I probably would have goofed it up too, at least the first time I encountered that situation. Conditioned to think that any player age 27+ is eligible for a NTC because that's how we're used to it working out. After I saw that tweet had to go back and look at the CBA to confirm the NTC eligibility details are a little more nuanced.

In deference to the Knights staff, it's a situation that comes up so rarely I wouldn't blame them for making a mistake. How often would you be in the situation of signing an age 27+ hockey player who was never drafted or played in the NHL before and even be willing to consider an NTC in the first place?

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
I believe this is a great move by Vegas. It shows Management is willing and determined to ice a competitive team, and it also shows that management knows that their will not be any first line caliber players available in the expansion draft. Hats off to GMGM. I hope he finds a couple wingers via FA or via trade. I was hoping the league would impose a trade freeze after the Trade Deadline Day. I hate the idea that teams will get the opportunity to trade away players prior to the ED and reduce the talent pool of the exposed players. VGK will be my second favorite team.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
if you wanted to come to play in the NHL there is no better time than now. I think we'll see A LOT of europeans coming over this year. Teams want skill not toughness.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Huge move!

Looks like he could hold down the #1 C spot until a true option is drafted and developed. If I am GM I keep focusing on C and D for the next while. The top 6 prospects on Central scouting are all Centres so here is hoping they can snag Rasmussen or Vilardi who both have that size you want up the middle in the west. Also conveniently ranked 4 and 5 so would need one to fall a spot.

Rasmussen/Vilardi would do nicely as the #2 C the year after this.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Great move by GM. This is a great move to try and strengthen the team right off the bat. The expansion draft will net little and free agency will be tough to get anything more than decent depth, so taking a shot on some big names from Europe is the best move they can make. Grab Dadonov and a guy like Stephan Da Costa and see what these guys can do with top 6 minutes in the NHL. No real risk and potential for a good reward.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
if they can get radulov and kovachuk, that would be amazing as heck.

radu easier to sign, kovachuck is trickier cuz hes still devils property, only way he gets moved to another team is sign with the devils a new contract then traded.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Just Trade couple picks for Ovie and there is your first line. He is not gonna give you Stanley Cup, but he is fun to watch.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
You know, Ovie being booted out of Washington isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. It'd just require Leonsis to swallow his pride, admit he was wrong and gird for the backlash and rebuild.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
You know, Ovie being booted out of Washington isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. It'd just require Leonsis to swallow his pride, admit he was wrong and gird for the backlash and rebuild.

man what a boost it would be for Vegas to have Ovie, still don't see it possible anyway...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Just load up on Russians.

At least a few, seeing that Sipachev does speak much english, logical to expect there to be plans to bring in some Russian-English speaking guys to help him out. Speculating here but Orlov is one of the most certain candidates to get scooped in the waiver draft. Id be excited about that, already lots of good puck movement on the PP.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If you want a taste, go watch the WC highlights from today. Thats his signature, I ve seen him do that so many times. D goes down on a 2-1 and he lands the most perfect sauce pass that could have ever been produced.

God thats nice to watch. Its funny when the D goes down, he doesnt have a clew who hes deeling with and how bad he gonna get fleeced.

PuckProphet

Apr 28, 2017
Ovi is an option believe it or not ....and not for that much ....the fact is Ovi is no longer a go to guy but would be the best 2nd or 3rd line players in the game ...Ovi still checks Ovi still skates hard ... while its nuts to say Ovi and Oshie have fallen off with 30 plus goals and 30 plus assists while its nuts to think a 55 win team that was number 1 in goals against is a failure .... thats the ways Washington fans and the NHL minds perceive it ...A change of pace away from the Penguins a second Capitals rebuild ...lol may be whats going to happen ...The real point of this post ...Mr McPhee prefers Russians ...and hey it makes sense ...even Kovalchuk is not out of the question ....

PuckProphet

Apr 28, 2017
Panarin for Vegas pick if Middlestadt is there?

:yo: the Blackhawks faithful ..... in name .....well hey the media picked it up....i posted on the Blackhawks board stop with the trade Panarin talk i was shouted down ....
but yea if the Blackhawks will take the 1st round pick along with a 2nd round picks deferred ....yea i am sure the Knights will take AA AND Panarin off the Blackhawks hands

PuckProphet

Apr 28, 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->