Most underrated
Best Prospect
Best Scorer
Best at defense

I could go on and on.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I'm sure it's no coincidence that Duke is a teammate of Nolan Patrick. I'm sure the Knights have been trying to get as many viewings of Patrick in as possible before the draft, and this kid must have jumped out to them.

Just goes to show you it pays to play with a top prospect, hopefully some of that luck will rub off on Max Fortier in Halifax haha.

Congrats on your first offical Golden Knight!

It has everything to do with Kelly Mccrimmon. I expect Vegas to mine the heck out of the WHL early on

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Since this is an internet forum, allow me to chime in with the inevitable "he sucks, this is a terrible move, fire the GM" take.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
So why wasn't he signed by MIN

EDIT: I read on the main board he didn't get a qualifying offer.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Armia is literally the only person I want to get from the expansion draft.

I don't know why, every time I watch the Jets I just want that dude to be a Knight.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So why wasn't he signed by MIN

EDIT: I read on the main board he didn't get a qualifying offer.
The Wild questioned his attitude and work ethic... they seemed to get the vibe from him that "he knew better than they did" about what he should be working on, so they just let him go.

Sounds like that was a bit of a wake up call for him too. Hope he learns from it and becomes a better player for it. Good luck to you guys and your new prospect. Hope things work out.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
The Wild questioned his attitude and work ethic... they seemed to get the vibe from him that "he knew better than they did" about what he should be working on, so they just let him go.

Thanks for the info.
Of course if your former coaches told you to do this and then MIN tells you to do that, that can be kind of strange. Some coaches don't know basic things.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Sign? Possibly. Maybe an unrdrafted NCAA prospect or two.

I'm curious about GMGM's past record with college FAs, did he sign many during his time with the Caps? I wouldn't mind one or two, if you have at least one guy who can be say a 3rd line winger then that opens up the possibility of making an expansion deal by not having to select another player who would otherwise be a 3rd line winger picked in expansion.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
The fact you're not signing any NCAA UFAs is interesting given they're usually pretty low risk if they don't pan out.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I see from the AHL transaction page that Raoul's been signed to finish out the season with the Wolves.

Now he has someone to play pre-game soccer with.

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions

P.S. As I asked on the AHL page - I wonder if this means the Wolves are going to be Vegas' AHL affiliate.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The Wolves have been the rumored affiliate for a while, I'd say this confirms that they're the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad