Confirmed with Link: Golden Knights sign Reid Duke to ELC

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
This is a really good start for the team.

As I said in another thread - He has a great name for a team called the Knights.

I keep wanting to call him Raul Duke but I can't remember where I got that name from.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Big moment for the team - sure to be the first trivia question in every arena intermission game for the next couple of decades! :D

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Welcome to Las Vegas, Mr. Duke!

This is a really good start for the team.

As I said in another thread - He has a great name for a team called the Knights.

I keep wanting to call him Raul Duke but I can't remember where I got that name from.

Rauol Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Good flick.
Fear-Loathing-Raoul-1.jpg

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Watched Duke play probably a dozen times over the last few years, and he's a pretty solid prospect IMO. Likely won't be a top 6 guy but I could see him turning into a solid 3rd line energy style player with a scoring touch who could play some top 6 minutes in a pinch. Congrats on the first member of your squad guys!

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Watched Duke play probably a dozen times over the last few years, and he's a pretty solid prospect IMO. Likely won't be a top 6 guy but I could see him turning into a solid 3rd line energy style player with a scoring touch who could play some top 6 minutes in a pinch. Congrats on the first member of your squad guys!

Thanks Bobo, I was trying to find some info on him on the internet, but getting info from someone that's actually seen the kid play is much better. I've got a feeling we're going to see a few more Wheat King alumnus on the squad in the coming months.

Here's some fun facts on Duke from the Knights: https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/reid-duke-7-fun-facts/c-287436740

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Last edited:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I'm sure it's no coincidence that Duke is a teammate of Nolan Patrick. I'm sure the Knights have been trying to get as many viewings of Patrick in as possible before the draft, and this kid must have jumped out to them.

Just goes to show you it pays to play with a top prospect, hopefully some of that luck will rub off on Max Fortier in Halifax haha.

Congrats on your first offical Golden Knight!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pretty historic.

And a little funny to think of like the system/pipeline of Vegas that has just one guy looking around awkwardly waiting for the rest of the party to show up.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
More info incoming.

This is from Minnesota's SBNation blog (as I'm sure you've seen by now, Duke was drafted by the Wild in the 2014 Entry Draft): http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...dge-hurricanes-wild-fans-hope-top-25-under-25

Duke stood out on a terrible Lethbridge team. The Hurricanes were the worst team in the league. Dukes 40 points were nothing to save his plus/minus which was an awful -43. After getting sent back to juniors by the Wild, he played all of one game with the Hurricanes - they lost 9 - 2. He would get traded to the Wheat Kings, a team that is in the upper-echelon of the WHL year after year, and Duke was manning the second line. He played 52 games, scored 51 points, and played in six playoff games for the Wheat Kings.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Great way for a more or less irrelevant player to etch his name in the history books for eternity :laugh: Seriously though, congrats on the signing - excited to see what happens in the coming months for this franchise

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Good prospect for the AHL team (where ever it will be).

He was at Montreal's camp last summer and he looked good.

I'm sure they'd say it whether it was true or not, but the team is saying they think Duke's skillset will translate well to the NHL.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Yeah, "Duke" looks real fine on the back of a Knights jersey.

Whether he makes the team or not, I might honor the first player by having his name on my first Knights jersey! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->