Apr 17, 2018
McPhee says they had Morozov ranked 30th on their list. Got him 61st
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

Reactions: Supermassive

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Morozov gettin his snipe on with a tough angle goal at around 2:40 of the vid...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Him being public with his desire to play in NA makes me wonder if he'll ask to be released by Sochi. They're on an Olympic break until the 22nd, after which Sochi plays 4 games and they ain't makin the post season.

edit: apparently Sochi just added a 3 game exhibition next week during the break.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Maybe he realizes the way to play in the NHL as a VGK draftee is to show enough in the AHL to be included in the inevitable trades they make of prospects for veterans.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Given the fact that he struggled to stay in the SKA lineup and spent the bulk of the year in the VHL it would seem that even the AHL could be a challenge at this point.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Given the fact that he struggled to stay in the SKA lineup and spent the bulk of the year in the VHL it would seem that even the AHL could be a challenge at this point.

SKA loaded up with vets & added guys like Komarov. They were fine with playing him in the playoffs the year before, and he's been doing just fine on Sochi's main club.

We heard the same things about Dorofeyev.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He didn't struggle to stay in Ska's lineup lol. Ska did Ska things and tried to force him into an extension(playing him in the VHL instead, barely giving him KHL time, etc.).

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He didn't struggle to stay in Ska's lineup lol. Ska did Ska things and tried to force him into an extension(playing him in the VHL instead, barely giving him KHL time, etc.).

Thanks for the correction. Would you compare the way SKA handles young players to the way they were treated in Finland a few years ago before the league added extra teams?

In particular, Karpat was always a tough place for younger players to get ice time.

Though in fairness they were usually competing for the league championship.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Thanks for the correction. Would you compare the way SKA handles young players to the way they were treated in Finland a few years ago before the league added extra teams?

In particular, Karpat was always a tough place for younger players to get ice time.

Though in fairness they were usually competing for the league championship.
No, Ska usually give young players good ice time. UNLESS they are on their final year of their contract in which case they will try their hardest to force you to re-sign instead of going over to NA(they do this by playing you at 13F, scratching you, sending you down to the VHL, etc.).

See Podkolzin, & Morozov for recent examples. Heck, Morozov played top-6 last season and played well.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And just like that, the KHL regular season has ended. Unless he's sticking around for the Sochi exhibition, we should expect a signing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
And just like that, the KHL regular season has ended. Unless he's sticking around for the Sochi exhibition, we should expect a signing.
He's still under contract for an additional couple of months, so we'll see how that plays out.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He's still under contract for an additional couple of months, so we'll see how that plays out.

I think their trade deadline was in December, so unless they really want to assign him to their minor league team it would probably be in their best interest to let him go. SKA was just being spiteful over how Shipachyov was treated IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad