Golden Knights: Second Favourite Team for Canadians?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I got married friends who've already asked their wives for permission to go to Vegas next year for the Leafs game whenever they play there.

Second favourite team? Maybe not, but if we can mix in watching a Leaf game with a Vegas trip I'm there no doubt.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Could the Golden Knights become Canada's second-favourite team? Could the snowbirds flock to Vegas instead of Arizona?
Two totally different questions.

Canada's 2nd favorite team? LOL. As a Canadian hockey fan since the 1970's I find that comment ludicrous. Canada's favorite hot getaway destination city with an NHL team (competing with Miami, Phoenix, Houston and Southern California teams), maybe.

I do think some snowbirds might consider Nevada over Arizona and Florida because of the new NHL hockey team. But it's still the third-best in that regard I expect, until evidence to prove elsewise.

That said, as a fortysomething Canadian who has been to California several times and is contemplating a multiple-month jaunt somewhere warm next winter, Vegas suddenly is in the running (with New Orleans and Thailand). As a hockey fan, I AM leaning toward Vegas. NOT as my 2nd fav team, nor my third, but as among a handful I follow closely. After all, there are millions of us Canadian hockey fans who are hockey fans first, nationalists second.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
****, depending on how the expansion draft and the Canucks' off season goes, they could be my first favourite team :laugh:

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
****, depending on how the expansion draft and the Canucks' off season goes, they could be my first favourite team :laugh:

I'm kinda in the same boat, but I'm really holding out hope for expansion/relocation in Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->