Rumor: Golden Knights reportedly refused to deal Cody Glass in order to obtain Erik Karlsson from Senators

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
So apparently the latest rumor is that the Senators aren't including Ryan anymore and Karlsson may be going to the Stars to reunite with former Golden Knight Mark Methot.
Yup, The Score just threw that up too. Dallas would be giving up a lot of young talent, you’d have to figure.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It's gonna be Theo/Miller+ Suzuki+ 1st+ 2nd + Lindberg+ Clarkson for Bobby and EK.

You guys can get lotto numbers from me later. ;)

I will give you one money maker now though. The Warriors are going to win the championship.

I would never play a futures with such horrible odds. I still have 2 out of 3 world cup teams left. I got Belgium and France left. I'm hoping it's Belgium as I got 12 to 1 odds before it started and I want to buy a EK65 VGK jersey. lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have a feeling that Vegas won't get him.

Will be slightly disappointed, but what can you.

I just don't know if this team improved this offseason.

Yes, we got Statsny, but we also gave up Neal and Perron.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If I were to guess I'd say their dumb idea of EK+Ryan to Vegas fell through.

Now it's just Karlsson to wherever, like it should have been all along. Just get it over with ffs.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I have a feeling that Vegas won't get him.

Will be slightly disappointed, but what can you.

I just don't know if this team improved this offseason.

Yes, we got Statsny, but we also gave up Neal and Perron.

Don't think we improved, but we didn't really regressed and we still have all of our prospects and picks. We may not be in the best shape next year, but help is coming soon in the form of Glass, Brannstrom, Suzuki and Hague. We just have to hope Tatar is ready to earn his money and Tuch and Theo keep improving.

If it isn't meant to be, so be it. I think we are in better shape for the future rather than struggling through cap issues while trying to plug holes with a depleted prospect pool. It just seems to me, from an organizational standpoint, we aren't in a position to really go after these big fish without some big time repercussions down the line.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Don't think we improved, but we didn't really regressed and we still have all of our prospects and picks. We may not be in the best shape next year, but help is coming soon in the form of Glass, Brannstrom, Suzuki and Hague. We just have to hope Tatar is ready to earn his money and Tuch and Theo keep improving.

If it isn't meant to be, so be it. I think we are in better shape for the future rather than struggling through cap issues while trying to plug holes with a depleted prospect pool. It just seems to me, from an organizational standpoint, we aren't in a position to really go after these big fish without some big time repercussions down the line.

I wouldn't count on rookie help from the top 4 prospects you mentioned especially the dman prospects. The reality is that it is not likely that all become regular NHL players. Realistically maybe 2 will become regulars. Look at Griffin Reinhart in Chicago. He was picked 4th overall and isn't good enough to be a bottom pairing dman or even a healthy scratch at the nhl level.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think Karlsson's only committing to re-signing with the Lightning or the Stars at this point.

edit: and the Knights

Last edited:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
RumorBreak (@RumorBreak) Tweeted:
Updated offer from VGK for Erik Karlsson:
OTT: Theodore, Tuch, Suzuki, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd (CBJ).
VGK: Karlsson and Ryan.

Apparently we just offered Tuch in addition to Theodore, Suzuki, 2019 1st, Columbus 2nd. Don't like putting on Tuch but at least they keep Glass.

If true can't see Ottawa passing on that trade.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Apparently we just offered Tuch in addition to Theodore, Suzuki, 2019 1st, Columbus 2nd. Don't like putting on Tuch but at least they keep Glass.

I'm passing if Tuch is involved. Plus the EK and BR contracts would put us in cap hell for 2019. Were Holden and Reaves really necessary? Those two deals in 2019 gives us some breathing room. It's not as if Holden is way better than Merrill. He's just a slight upgrade and much more expensive.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

If we're including Tuch, I would rather the prospect going be one of our D, Brannstrom or Hague. And the 2nd be in 2020.

I don't know about the veracity of the info though.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
If we're including Tuch, I would rather the prospect going be one of our D, Brannstrom or Hague. And the 2nd be in 2020.

I don't know about the veracity of the info though.

Yeah no idea if that is a legit source. Tuch, Suzuki, Theodore, 1st and Columbus 2nd is a lot.

EK is a stud but that is quite the haul. I really hate giving up a potential rising star in Tuch, but understand why Ottawa would insist on him.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I'm passing if Tuch is involved. Plus the EK and BR contracts would put us in cap hell for 2019. Were Holden and Reaves really necessary? Those two deals in 2019 gives us some breathing room. It's not as if Holden is way better than Merrill. He's just a slight upgrade and much more expensive.

Yeah, I'm not a fan if Tuch is involved. Plus like you said EK and Ryan would take up so much of the cap. I have no idea if this guy is a legit source.

Honestly I feel if GMGM offered that trade package EK would be a Knight by now.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
If Ottawa wants too much you just gotta pass and develop steadily and a little slower. There's always other trades to be made . Look at buffalo. The blues robbed them blind on the ROR deal. If VGK wasn't chasing EK so hard, we could have offered a better deal and gotten him instead of Stazz

Some teams will always want to dump money because the player is good, but the team is smack in the middle of a full rebuild and they can get assets and younger players so that they will all peak together.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
This would be a good debate. Would you guys rather give up Tuch or Glass?

It’s a tough choice for me. While I think they both end up about the same production wise, i’d rather keep Tuch.

Usually a 55-65 point center >>> a winger, but power forwards who are great skaters are a rare breed nowadays.

Vegas is decent at least the next 3 years with Karlsson / March and Stastny, but lost a ton of depth in Perron and Neal on the wings.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
This would be a good debate. Would you guys rather give up Tuch or Glass?

It’s a tough choice for me. While I think they both end up about the same production wise, i’d rather keep Tuch.

Usually a 55-65 point center >>> a winger, but power forwards who are great skaters are a rare breed nowadays.

Vegas is decent at least the next 3 years with Karlsson / March and Stastny, but lost a ton of depth in Perron and Neal on the wings.

I'd be inclined to keep Tuch even if Glass has the higher ceiling which is why I'm not a GM. I'd like to keep the known quantity over the high risk high reward prospect. Unless he was a McJesus level prospect that's how I'd lean.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
If Ottawa wants too much you just gotta pass and develop steadily and a little slower. There's always other trades to be made . Look at buffalo. The blues robbed them blind on the ROR deal. If VGK wasn't chasing EK so hard, we could have offered a better deal and gotten him instead of Stazz

Some teams will always want to dump money because the player is good, but the team is smack in the middle of a full rebuild and they can get assets and younger players so that they will all peak together.

Everyone has robbed buffalo.

There is no guarantee that EK will make this a better team. You have to admit it is a possible high risk/high reward trade. I can't see much risk in getting Stazz.. he doesn't seem like a guy who could mess up the team chemistry.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This rumorbreak phony isn't exactly helping with the delusional Sens fans who want Tuch, Glass AND Theodore +

If the latest reports are to be believed, Karlsson wants to go to Tampa most of all, but he'll sign an extension with Dallas or Vegas for 13m. It stands to reason that Karlsson will either go to Dallas for a package around Heiskanen or to Vegas for a package around Glass OR Theodore

(or Ottawa drags this out all summer)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This rumorbreak phony isn't exactly helping with the delusional Sens fans who want Tuch, Glass AND Theodore +

If the latest reports are to be believed, Karlsson wants to go to Tampa most of all, but he'll sign an extension with Dallas or Vegas for 13m. It stands to reason that Karlsson will either go to Dallas for a package around Heiskanen or to Vegas for a package around Glass OR Theodore

(or Ottawa drags this out all summer)
That report is annoying too. I can't remember which guy brought up Karlsson's interest in Tampa but he said something like "it's my feeling that" or "I believe that..." as to his desire to go there instead of actual confirmation and everyone is running with it thinking that's the only place EK would sign an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->