Golden Knights Announce First-Ever Television And Radio Broadcasters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/n...television-and-radio-broadcasters/c-290670400

Vegas Golden Knights President Kerry Bubolz announced today, August 15, that the team has hired their first-ever television and radio broadcast teams. Dave Goucher (pronounced GO-sher) will serve as the team's TV play-by-play announcer, while Shane Hnidy (pronounced NIGH-dee) will serve as the TV color commentator. In addition, the team has hired Dan D'Uva (pronounced DOO-vah) as the team's radio play-by-play announcer.

Goucher and Hnidy will call games on the television home of the Golden Knights, AT&T SportsNet. D'Uva will call games on the radio home of the Golden Knights, FOX Sports 98.9 FM/1340 AM.

"We are thrilled to have Dave, Shane and Dan on board as our first-ever broadcasters," said Vegas Golden Knights President Kerry Bubolz. "Each of them brings a wealth of hockey experience, and will be an integral part of making Golden Knights broadcasts enjoyable and insightful. They will not only be great announcers in the broadcast booth but also great community ambassadors, bringing the great game of hockey to the Las Vegas community."

We in Boston will miss Goucher

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Dave Goucher is a top shelf announcer and person. You guys are off to a great start. We will indeed miss him in Boston.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
^^^ Good to hear - and thanks for posting those videos!

I think Hnidy is a great analyst, but I was nervous about Goucher, since radio guys sometimes have a tendency to be way over-the-top. Sounds like we're in good shape. :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh wow. Shane Hnidy?

One of the worst defensemen ever to lace up for the Ducks. Ducks fans called him Hnidymare. Hopefully his color commentary is better than his play :laugh:

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
He is going to be sorely missed! :cry: You guys got a good one, was really hoping he would be on screen for us someday soon to.... Enjoy

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
^^^ Good to hear - and thanks for posting those videos!

I think Hnidy is a great analyst, but I was nervous about Goucher, since radio guys sometimes have a tendency to be way over-the-top. Sounds like we're in good shape. :)

You will love him, he is so far from this. One of the better straight up PBP's I've listened to.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You won't find a single Bruins fan that does not like Goucher.

Good luck with your season; Goucher will definitely help make it enjoyable to watch games on tv.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Dave has been part of my Bruins life since the mid-90's when he was the Providence Bruins play by play guy. Great broadcaster with a fantastic sense of humor. He will be missed. You guys made a great pickup today.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
Wow. Will miss him on B's radio but a great hire and an awesome opportunity for him to make the jump to TV. That game against Boston early will be interesting to hear him call.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh wow. Shane Hnidy?

One of the worst defensemen ever to lace up for the Ducks. Ducks fans called him Hnidymare. Hopefully his color commentary is better than his play :laugh:

Well he is really good at Colour. Shane started with the Jets mostly on radio braodcasts but as he grew he became the main TV guy and he was developing into a very solid commentator. If you drop by our board literally every poster is talking about how much we are going to miss the Sheriff. To your point though Shane was pretty sought after as he exited his first deal on radio and he was joking that in all his years of playing Hockey he was always scrambling for one team to want him so he wasn't use to being in demand like he was for commentating. :laugh:

Well done Vegas you got a beauty and by the sounds of the Boston crew it looks like you nailed the one two punch.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Goucher is the guy that makes the calls on memorable plays that gets played when thinking back on those plays. I can't recall what the national tv broadcast said during Bostons big moments at all but I'll always remember his "get the duckboats ready" call from the Stanley cup and the simple but chill inspiring "Bergeron! Bergeron!" From the comeback against toronto

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Make sure you blame management if a deal doesn't get done with Cox or Century Link.

Yeah, some of their decisions have me shaking my head. :shakehead

Starting with the whole Vegas vs. Las Vegas naming fiasco. IMO, Foley and whoever else was involved with the name got it ass backward. People who live in Las Vegas call it Vegas, and everyone else calls it Las Vegas? Not in my experience...generally just the opposite. But this was Foley's explanation. And doesn't he claim to live here? Or is it that he simply bought a house here once he was assured of getting a team?

And the whole Golden Knights name thing that has no Las Vegas connection at all, simply a slight reference to Nevada being a gold producing state.

And this bus tour? I actually think it's a good idea and don't feel offended, as some do, that nothing was scheduled here.

But WTF? Does everybody in Nevada live in Las Vegas? No stop in Reno?

Now I'm not a fan of "up north," but isn't that an obvious choice to have a promotional stop? After all, Foley had initially floated the idea of calling his team the Nevada something or others.

Or is northern Nevada off limits as sacred Sharks territory?

And the "Behind the Vegas Ice" series. Slickly produced, entertaining and informative. But finding out when the new episodes are scheduled to air? I have to go to the production company's YouTube website for that. Shouldn't Cox (and the Knights) do more to promote the series...it really is exceedingly well-done.

And getting on to the TV deal. Didn't anyone consider there might be complications in trying to get Cox to carry a network owned by a competitor, DirectTV? Is anyone in management aware of Cox's reputation? No Dodgers games available in Las Vegas for a couple years now...missed Vin Scully's final season! :(

Someone (maybe it was Ken at SinBin?) pointed out that there seems to be little if any local representation among the Knights operations management.

And does it show!

I get that the Knights are Foley's toy, and he's paying the bills. I also know that Foley has obviously been an amazingly successful businessman, but I wonder if that's really going to translate into being the owner of a professional sports franchise. Seems like a pattern of mistakes and missteps are accumulating.

Anyway, hopefully something will get worked out with Cox. Especially given that I suppose many (most?) Knights fans can't afford season tickets, and following along on the TV will have to suffice.

If a Cox deal doesn't happen, methinks there are gonna be a lot of unhappy folks in "Vegas." :laugh:

End of rant.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I'm in agreement with you. I get that Foley wants to expand his coverage of the Knights to other cities, but you have to make sure the home fans are taken care of first.
Honestly, the fact that their behind the scenes show was aired on Cox should have made an agreement a no brainer. At least negotiations are proceeding but people shouldn't be forced to switch carriers because of lazy management. And of course if they don't come to an agreement, people are going to blame the cable companies when they shouldn't. I can't imagine the city's first big time team not being locally televised, but then I remember the name reveal.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
The "they still haven't come to an agreement" sky is falling narrative needs to slow down. There is no reason for the channel to be on Cox yet because they don't have programming most in Las Vegas want to see yet. When the time comes, the channel will be there.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
It'll be on Direct TV channel 683, so every bar in town will have it on. I agree that it is a must to be on Cox, for the locals from whom the team is trying to develop a following. But more people will be watching in Canada and around the US on NHL Ticket and AT&T than will be in Vegas. They'll get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad