Gold Medal Men's Hockey Tape Delayed on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Hey,
I was looking at when the Gold medal Men's Hockey will be shown on Sunday, and it will be tape delayed (at least for those of us on the West Coast!!). What a rip off...it is the weekend and those of us that want to get up early should be able to see it. I am so mad about this... :madfire:

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
True but they have paid programming...and better home and gardens...could they play it on MSNBC or CNBC or USA live and then on NBC tape delayed... :madfire:

Still mad...

Jaysus

Jul 28, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
SensGuy said:
It's the Gold Medal game. I don't think they want to be showing it at 8:00 EST AM. It could get some decent ratings.

Last I saw it will be televised at 8 AM EST (on east coast at least)

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Yeah it will only be live on the east coast/central time zone. It makes perfect sense. It would be a 5AM start time on the West Coast. NBC is dumb but they aren't that dumb. Just STAY OFF THE INTERNET and youll be fine.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Phil333 said:
Yeah it will only be live on the east coast/central time zone. It makes perfect sense. It would be a 5AM start time on the West Coast. NBC is dumb but they aren't that dumb. Just STAY OFF THE INTERNET and youll be fine.

uhm it may just be canadians on the west coast but... if you're a hockey fan you'll watch the game regardless of what time it is.

Assasin05

Nov 20, 2005
Thats what happens when Poker gets higher ratings then hockey in US. People would rather watch pocket Ace's all day its just a fact.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
MooseHunter said:
uhm it may just be canadians on the west coast but... if you're a hockey fan you'll watch the game regardless of what time it is.

I stayed up till 5:30am to watch Russia-KAZAKHSTAN.. beat that! :P

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
MooseHunter said:
NBC doesn't want just hockey fans watching the game...they may be trying to, i don't know this may sound crazy, grow the sport and put some money in their own pocket as well. Hockey isn't that big a deal here in the US, millions of people will not get up at 8am on their own to watch the gold medal game. However, if its on while sane people are watching tv they'll probably get some people to stop while channel surfing.

There's nothing wrong with tape delay, I actually wish they delayed more of the games so people who work could actually watch them. It worked in 1980 so why wouldn't it work now. Just stay off the internet and pretend its live, works pretty well actually.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
MooseHunter said:

Not if the idiots on all the channels say the score first, which happened to me in the USA-Slovakia game.

I still can't agree with tape delay, definitely not a Gold Medal game. To NBC, its all about the ratings.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
crashlanding said:
NBC doesn't want just hockey fans watching the game...they may be trying to, i don't know this may sound crazy, grow the sport and put some money in their own pocket as well. Hockey isn't that big a deal here in the US, millions of people will not get up at 8am on their own to watch the gold medal game. However, if its on while sane people are watching tv they'll probably get some people to stop while channel surfing.

There's nothing wrong with tape delay, I actually wish they delayed more of the games so people who work could actually watch them. It worked in 1980 so why wouldn't it work now. Just stay off the internet and pretend its live, works pretty well actually.

But the thing is it is still being shown at 8am Pacific time just tape delayed...what is the difference between 5am or 8am?? Really the ratings will be about the same...

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
rohan said:
Not if the idiots on all the channels say the score first, which happened to me in the USA-Slovakia game.

I still can't agree with tape delay, definitely not a Gold Medal game. To NBC, its all about the ratings.

That is what I am worried about...how does NBC spoil the score in a game BEFORE showing the said game?!?...that and I have a brother that likes to call and always spoils the end result...I guess I need to avoid the internet and the phone Sunday morning.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
MOGiLNY said:
I stayed up till 5:30am to watch Russia-KAZAKHSTAN.. beat that! :P

Ha, so did I. I got up at 730AM to watch the Russia Vs. Latvia game the next day, too. As someone who usually goes to bed at 4AM, that's early.

Anyway, yeah, just put the TV on NBC and turn it on when the game starts for you west coasters, prior to that, avoid everyone.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Sock said:
Ha, so did I. I got up at 730AM to watch the Russia Vs. Latvia game the next day, too. As someone who usually goes to bed at 4AM, that's early.

Anyway, yeah, just put the TV on NBC and turn it on when the game starts for you west coasters, prior to that, avoid everyone.
Ha I stayed up all night to catch the game too, only stupid me thought it started at 7. So while it was going on I was still playing Project Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->