GDT: Gold Medal Game - February 25 - Russia vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I've waited 20 years for that game. Russia in the final. My first sports memory (that I remember well in details) were the Nagano Olympic Games in 1998. And the heartbreaking loss against the Dominator and Svoboda.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
it was no final.

Exactly my point. I just don't see Russia losing the Gold medal game to Germany in Olympic hockey. And I don't see Germany losing the World Cup Soccer final to a team comparable to Russia (+/- 10 positions in FIFA world ranking)

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I know it is a long shot, a really long shot, but I think Germany is going to win

(Not enough to put any money on it though :laugh: )

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
if OAR wins Will it go in books as a gold win for Russia Or the 1st ever by the Olympic athletes from Russia as a separate entity

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
We don't need any more attendance comments, but hard to resist commenting on all those empty seats for a Gold Medal game.

DNA

Jun 4, 2016
These are all professional non-NHLers. In that way, at least, this is a relatively even playing field. If the Russians win, it might be equivalent to ‘56, or maybe more accurately ‘64. This is still an Olympic Gold Medal game!

In ‘56 they were unknowns, and though a low-caliber Canadian team played in the tourney, that victory was monumental nevertheless. In ‘64 they had won before, were somewhat more known, having Firsov and other notable players, as did the Czechs, and Tumba played for Sweden. So not too dissimilar from this year IMO.

And here the Germans have secured a top-2 medal berth, best ever for them! Damn right outside of Russia the world is cheering for them. But whoever wins, I don’t discredit this tournament in any way.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Game is going quite well for Germany so far.

Ehrhoff takes a penalty...damn can’t give OAR any good opportunities

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I said I wouldn't care about this tournament since the NHL players won't be there, but now that we are in the finals I am kinda hyped and excited. Surely we are not beating Russia tho, right guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad