GDT: Gold Medal Game • May 15 • Sweden 1, Finland 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Great kill! Can't believe that they called that one interference though. Finland had one just like that, as well as two pretty blatant hooks on Tedenby.

Blucher

Jun 24, 2009
A good first period, but it doesn´t feel like a gold medal game...can´t put my finger on why...

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
A good first period, but it doesn´t feel like a gold medal game...can´t put my finger on why...

The finns have been playing veery passive 5 on 5 which takes away from the intensity. Barely saw one organized attack from Finland that entire period, then they got the powerplay and showed some life.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Fasth playing good. And Sweden has completely shut down Finlands 3rd line + PP. So final choke here we go ! =).

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004

Probably because both teams are so well coached. They stick with the game plan and don't let emotions run wild.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
You have to remember that Sweden is the home team...they have the change advantage.

Fasth will take the first shot quite easily but also drops rebounds...we need players hitting those in...though Nokelainen seems to be only one driving to the net regurarly. Ruutu, Pihlström, Komarov...go there.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
The finns have been playing veery passive 5 on 5 which takes away from the intensity. Barely saw one organized attack from Finland that entire period, then they got the powerplay and showed some life.

Well I think that can be said about both teams. It looks very defensive.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
This period was a small disappointment for me after the great game against Russia, however our PP looks good as it should. Swedes play suprisingly well, good team-play. I think Sweden is even more difficult than Russia, especially when they have meteorite-goalie. Lets kick some swedish ass in the second!

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Probably because both teams are so well coached. They stick with the game plan and don't let emotions run wild.

There was a lil scruff infront of the Fin goal early in the first. But other than that I've seen mostly verbal attacks trying to make eachother loose focus.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Tedenby look really dangerous every time he has a puck. I bet he'll get some penalties against us tonight with his movement. I'm very surprised he hasn't got more points than that (1+2).

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Yeah, this game is definitely going to be about who makes the first big mistake more than who can create the first big opportunity.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tedenby look really dangerous every time he has a puck. I bet he'll get some penalties against us tonight with his movement. I'm very surprised he hasn't got more points than that (1+2).

He doesn't have a good shot or real slick passing skills. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->