Gold Cup 2019:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Why the **** is Davies playing leftback too.

The over commiting lol

The back 3 suck ass. May as well park the bus against better teams from now on.

Was hoping to see a tightly contested games but Canada was completely outclassed.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The back 3 suck ass. May as well park the bus against better teams from now on.

Was hoping to see a tightly contested games but Canada was completely outclassed.

They tried parking the bus for the first 40 minutes, but it’s hard to do that with midfielders and fullbacks playing central defense.

That weak touch off Guillard leading to the first goal was killer.

Hindsight 20/20 and all, but it would’ve been nice to see them go 4-3-3 a bit earlier.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Frustrating, but entirely predictable.

Fill the net against Cuba and get ready for Costa Rica. We should match up better than we ever have against them in the last 20-25 years.

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Frustrating, but entirely predictable.

Fill the net against Cuba and get ready for Costa Rica. We should match up better than we ever have against them in the last 20-25 years.
Not if we play not to lose instead of actually going for it.

Sep 19, 2008
El Tri fans embarrassing as usual. I guess throwing fruit is better than laser pointers.
they recently returned their homophobic chant :laugh: and then when you confront El Tri fans on it they claim the term is not derogatory :laugh:

The team has been trying to implore fans to stop chanting that and now they've just given up.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Decent effort by those on the pitch, they were clearly no set up for success.

I would not read too much into the team selection of last night , Herdman likely switched things to get some different looks as individuals in the squad, see what Mexico is about, and overall keep them guessing. I bet we play them again at some point and come out with a far different set up.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Has he faced any teams he was supposed to lose against yet?

No. But he has also had this team looking far more comfortable in games against lesser opponents. There is a confidence there that I just didn't have with Zambrano, Findlay, or Floro.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
they recently returned their homophobic chant :laugh: and then when you confront El Tri fans on it they claim the term is not derogatory :laugh:

The team has been trying to implore fans to stop chanting that and now they've just given up.

theres no denying what the word means. but we do use it like americans would use the F word.... we say it chairs, to the weather, to our dogs, to our friends.
and FMF only asked the fans to not say it or the team would be suspended (not play in Russia last year). so they stopped during the world cup.

anyways. Canada sucking has nothing to do with Mexican fans so no need to be frustrated against them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No. But he has also had this team looking far more comfortable in games against lesser opponents. There is a confidence there that I just didn't have with Zambrano, Findlay, or Floro.
I definitely didn't like the approach I saw against Mexico last night, but it's still early. Hopefully he learns from it, but if he continues to set up that way against better teams...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I definitely didn't like the approach I saw against Mexico last night, but it's still early. Hopefully he learns from it, but if he continues to set up that way against better teams...

I also didn't like the approach but since it was really the first thing I didn't like I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We kind of had that game to give anyways so experimentation should be good for the long run.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Has he faced any teams he was supposed to lose against yet?
He faced complete crap teams so far, including giving 5 golden chances to Martinique, yesterday was the first test. He failed miserably. The defence is non-existent the midfield mostly as well.

Apart from having a couple more individual talents, what are the improvment?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apart from having a couple more individual talents, what are the improvment?

The talent level is easily up from past years and it is only grow more as the key players age.

The issue is we still have extremely shotty defense, I don't think that is fully on Herdman.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Right back has been the biggest hole forever. Was hoping Brault could fill that and maybe he still will.

Henry and Cornelious look like the two central defenders to settle on...James appears to be out of the picture. I don't see any others coming through.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad