Gold Cup 2019:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
well can't say I'm surprised. Again, must be brutal for the FA of any country to deal with this. I can't fathom any other FA going through the same thing? basically lags development and decimates any progress made each time they play an international tournament lol
Cuba has always been competitive in sports in general at the Olympics, punching way above their weight. Can only imagine what they could amount to in football if they didn't have this political situation.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/cuba/story/3879605/cuba-captain-lopez-defects-after-mexico-drubbing

Cuba captain Lopez defects after

Mexico drubbing

Cuban players leaving squads during or after tournaments in the United States has been a regular occurrence for a number of years.
Current Minnesota United midfielder Osvaldo Alonso is the highest-profile case. He defected in 2007 during the Gold Cup in Houston and went on to have an outstanding career in MLS, while seven players did the same in the Olympic qualifiers one year later.
Last year, 12 of Cuba's 2018 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship squad reportedly remained in the United States
, even after the end of the "wet foot, dry foot" policy in January 2017, which granted a route to legal residency to Cubans who arrive in the United States and chose to stay.
Cuban authorities don't allow players that defect to the United States to continue to play for the Cuban national team.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Canada ring in 6 changes and a change of formation. Hutch stays in but presumably heads back to midfield.

4-4-2...I am thinking that may get changed to a 4-3-3 given that Teibert, Hutch and Will Johnson are there.
Davies alongside Larin and Cavallini. We will see soon enough.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Canada was set up to lose this game. Should have been much more positive with some of the players available...then to not even start 2 of your best players? Ugh.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
4 on 2 break, not even a shot attempt.

I think Canada was set up to lose this game. Should have been much more positive with some of the players available...then to not even start 2 of your best players? Ugh.

Yeah. I mean, realistically they were never getting any kind of result here, but it still would’ve been nice to see their best 11 on the pitch.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya. Way too cute on that one with the needless and wasteful backheel attempt.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Get in! Very unselfish by David too. Why him and Arfield didn't start...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad