Gold Cup 2019:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Cuba's problems are really unfortunate with the whole political situation.
Their FA has requested for calling of players playing abroad but the government sports minister has shut it down. Which by the way is against FIFA rules.
Then whenever they have a squad here for GC seems like some defect. Really just brutal for Cuba to get anything going as far as a substantial consisten national team when they have players defecting left and right and the ones playing overseas not allowed to play.
Soccer has grown massively on par with baseball due to the broadcasting of La Liga, I'm sure if their FA was able to call up players from abroad and local players were allowed to sign and function like any other NT they could in time be on par with the likes of Canada/T&T/Honduras.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Davies and David looked good for Canada earlier today.

Mexico scores vs Cuba in under 2 minutes here.

Rose Bowl the venue and maybe 5-6K attended the earlier while the stadium looks pretty close to the 60K capacity now for the Mexico game.
You mean 500-600 for the first game! The capacity is around 94 000.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Good lord. Have to change the channel as the Jamaicans are going bezerk with their horns.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also going with a 3-2 Canada scoreline.

I'm nervous about how the back line holds up tonight

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah this should be an exciting game. Really interested to see AD & JD against a legitimately good team. I have high hopes (something that I don't think I've ever had in relation to the men's NT).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's a bad chant that is not going to be stopped ever. They going to stop the game and throw out 40,000 people? Seems unmanageable to me.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's a bad chant that is not going to be stopped ever. They going to stop the game and throw out 40,000 people? Seems unmanageable to me.

Yea, the only ways to stop it are too extreme for the people organizing the match to consider so it'll keep going until there's a pretty significant cultural change, but that's likely a few decades away.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Yes they should or simply ban the National Team.
I think a potential National Team ban would clean things up nicely. Especially once the fans tested it and the team was banned from their next competition. That would do it faster than a cultural change that would kick in when I am long dead.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
They would stop almost instantly. If not who cares ban those clowns for a long time.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
FIFA isn’t banning Mexico over a fan chant, no matter how terrible it is.

The absolute most that would be considered is them playing a few games in front of an empty stadium and even that’s stupid unlikely.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
FIFA isn’t banning Mexico over a fan chant, no matter how terrible it is.

The absolute most that would be considered is them playing a few games in front of an empty stadium and even that’s stupid unlikely.
You may be right, but again, something needs to be done. It's a bigger issue than goalkeepers going a few inches off of their line.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'd pump sound in during the goal kicks so nobody can hear it. Don't care about fair or whatever, both teams get that sound and that's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad