Gold Cup 2019:

Sep 19, 2008
I can tell you confidently that my two least favorite national teams in the world are Mexico and England for various classless reasons. This outcome greatly infuriates me.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Referee blew his whistle not a second after the three minute mark.

The US should hold their head high. They were on the end of some really bad luck tonight.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
US shouldn't chant offensive things back at Mexico just because Mexico is stupid enough to chant homophobic slurs at goalkeepers. The US should have the higher ground.

****ing ridiculous that US has not scored today.

Whatever US fans would chant tonight wouldn't be heard from this crowd anyway. They are badly outnumbered.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We were poor (unlucky yes, but not good either), US fans should buy more tickets. What's new though? Until the US actually clears out the federation we will be plagued with problems.

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The US needs a striker... Zhardes isn't it Altidore can't go 90 (I assume) injuries and what not.. and MB (Non striker news) is old and slow... and oft out of position. I don't know what we have in the wings... but I hope it's something

Reactions: I Eat Crow
Sep 19, 2008

The US needs a striker... Zhardes isn't it Altidore can't go 90 (I assume) injuries and what not.. and MB (Non striker news) is old and slow... and oft out of position. I don't know what we have in the wings... but I hope it's something

Sargent is supposed to be good but was left off the roster fow who knows why

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That Altidore miss was huge.
The header cleared off the line and Pulisic not being able to finish in the opening minutes of the game are looming large.

This is how the US is going to have to play. 4-3-3, high press, up tempo.

Shithousing for 88 minutes and trying to hoof it to Altidore isn't a good strategy, and I'm glad that Berhalter moved away from that.

Arriola, Cannon, Miazga, Steffen, Pulisic (sometimes), and McKennie all greatly impressed me throughout the tournament. Future is bright, but we're in for a long haul. I don't think this squad makes it out of a World Cup group stage. Fortunately they have 3 more years to figure it out.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The worst part about all this is that Tata Martino was just sitting there waiting to be had and the US soccer Federation didn't even bother to make an effort to even interview him because he doesn't speak English. I don't have anything against Gregg Berhalter, but he got out coached today. And his decision making and personnel choices were abject failures.

This is U.S. soccer where the Women win and the men don't. So is the way of life.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

What the USMNT needs is more players that play in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->