OT: Going to tomorrow's game against the Kings!

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Finally, the Isles are in LA and I can go easily enough (I suppose I can drive to Anaheim or San Jose too, but that seems like overkill!).

If you are going to the game and interested in having a beer between periods with a really, really old guy, PM me!

have fun :sarcasm:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Enjoy the game, in all seriousness. I've never been a long-distance fan of any team, so I can imagine how it must feel to be able to see your team for the first time in a long time, even if they're atrocious at the moment.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
There was a time when I had to follow the Isles by shortwave radio from Sarajevo right after the end of civil war in Bosnia. These days, I have a 60" LCD and DirecTV. So, following long distance is not so bad.

Plus, you delinquents here make it all that much more fun. :handclap:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I'm getting on a plane tomorrow morning! Going to see them in LA and then Anaheim.

Maybe I can get to give you my rookie lineup in person! :nod:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Finally, the Isles are in LA and I can go easily enough (I suppose I can drive to Anaheim or San Jose too, but that seems like overkill!).

If you are going to the game acnd interested in having a beer between periods with a really, really old guy, PM me!

I am just curious - Did you plan the trip for the hockey, or other reasons and happen to be there so why not see them?

If you did this just for the hockey you have my sympathy.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I am just curious - Did you plan the trip for the hockey, or other reasons and happen to be there so why not see them?

If you did this just for the hockey you have my sympathy.

I think Darth lives in the LA area. I did plan my trip from LI strictly for hockey though. Never been to LA before so that has something to do with it as well.

In my defense, the trip was planned months ago. Either way, as bad as they are I'm still pretty pumped about it. I love going to road games.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I think Darth lives in the LA area. I did plan my trip from LI strictly for hockey though. Never been to LA before so that has something to do with it as well.

In my defense, the trip was planned months ago. Either way, as bad as they are I'm still pretty pumped about it. I love going to road games.

LA is a fun place but I prefer SD over it because the traffic is hell. Best wishes on the flight! You are going to run into some ugly chop over the Rockies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
There was a time when I had to follow the Isles by shortwave radio from Sarajevo right after the end of civil war in Bosnia. These days, I have a 60" LCD and DirecTV. So, following long distance is not so bad.

Holy smokes Darth, had no idea you had to go through that Civil War, and also following a team on short wave radio ? You truly are an incredible Islander's fan !! Wow, amazing.

And BTW, how'd you become an Isles fan ?

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Holy smokes Darth, had no idea you had to go through that Civil War, and also following a team on short wave radio ? You truly are an incredible Islander's fan !! Wow, amazing.

And BTW, how'd you become an Isles fan ?

Little bit of trivia: I was there when the dropped the puck on opening night in 1972. I was also there the day Bobby Nystrom score THE goal. My family had season tix all the way through the cup years.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Little bit of trivia: I was there when the dropped the puck on opening night in 1972. I was also there the day Bobby Nystrom score THE goal. My family had season tix all the way through the cup years.

So how'd you wind up in Sarajevo ? Were you in the Civil War ? Or were you in the US military as a peace keeper ? Sorry for prying, just find it interesting.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Its not a "trip." I live and work in LA now.

How long, and do you envision it as a long term thing? I spent some time in LA and the pros didn't outweigh the cons for me. I also hated flying into and out of John Wayne. Bumping into the odd movie shoot on off hours was fun though.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
How long, and do you envision it as a long term thing? I spent some time in LA and the pros didn't outweigh the cons for me. I also hated flying into and out of John Wayne. Bumping into the odd movie shoot on off hours was fun though.

Been here 17 years. I own a house here and there and live three miles from my little niece. So, yeah, its a longterm gig.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

Work with a Bosnian girl who lived through that civil war, the stories about her childhood, no food and water, horrible.

But Darth, stupid move with HD, 60" AND THE ISLANDERS? No wonder you can spot all the mistakes so easily, the ones that Cappy can't see from the bench or Snow from the ceiling at the Coliseum!

Have fun at the game. If you see Kevin Connolly, ask him why "his boy" ain't playing. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad