OT: Going to the Game tomorrow with my Dad

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I bought my dad tickets to the Leafs/Habs game tomorrow for Christmas and we for some reason are still going. Besides going to see the awful team we are going to grab a bite to eat, can you guys recommend some decent but not overly pricey restaurants for us to hit up before the game? I know its last minute but we weren't sure if we were going to be eating downtown or not until tonight. Thanks guys!

Edit: Also is there a place for dessert of waffles nearby that we could hit up after the game? He loves waffles.(Ironic I'm not joking about this since we should be throwing them lol)

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
And TS, I recommend the restaurant Hero Certified Burgers on Bay Street Or Harbor Sixty Steak house.

Both places are great.

Last edited by a moderator:

reboundscore

Apr 24, 2013
Those steakhouses are pricey. C'est what at front and church - it's downstairs and has a Million craft beers on tap that will dull the pain before you and your pops put the final nail in this seasons coffin. Try the lamb burger

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Have a great time and don't worry about the season or the crappy team - just enjoy a game out with your dad - nothing means more than that.

I find games where there is something else going on memorable. They are giving Colton Orr a send-off tonight - that's cool.

I was at the Borje Salming tribute night on opening day a few years ago and for some reason that really stands out for me. The game was not memorable but the occasion was.

For good food that's not fine dining and a $100 meal I always go to Fran's on Front or Jack Astor's which is surprisingly inexpensive and good.

Have a great time.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Have a great time and don't worry about the season or the crappy team - just enjoy a game out with your dad - nothing means more than that.

I find games where there is something else going on memorable. They are giving Colton Orr a send-off tonight - that's cool.

I was at the Borje Salming tribute night on opening day a few years ago and for some reason that really stands out for me. The game was not memorable but the occasion was.

For good food that's not fine dining and a $100 meal I always go to Fran's on Front or Jack Astor's which is surprisingly inexpensive and good.

Have a great time.

Frans is the best for waffles !!!

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions we are just hitting the road now. It will be more fun since the whole tanking thing isnt important this game so we can both just be happy hating on the habs and cheering for a win which we havent been able to do for a while. Have a good one guys, thanks again!

KingTY

Nov 10, 2002
Toronto
Hit up P&L burger or burger priest, or for a nice slice of Zaaa try north of brooklyn. All on Queen west, 5 min from stadium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad