GDT: Going to the Big M and I Mo Mean Minnesota (3:00 MT Dec 23)

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
The Hanifin and Hamonic pairing needs to end.
Not sure why we scratched Kylington in back to back games...

bad game for the Flames, but also kinda boned by the schedule. 2 games in 20 or so hours? can see why they would be flat.

Still, they could've been better.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We are just resting for mcdavid

Everything is under control

Hopefully Mike Smith will help us out

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The Hanifin and Hamonic pairing needs to end.
Not sure why we scratched Kylington in back to back games...

bad game for the Flames, but also kinda boned by the schedule. 2 games in 20 or so hours? can see why they would be flat.

Still, they could've been better.

If they have survived 30+ games with play like this, they ain't getting split. Coaching staff and management look clueless to the obvious.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
This is starting to feel like Gulutzan era hockey.

In terms of how boring it is to watch right now, I agree. But under Gulutzan in his final year, the Flames generally outplayed teams and were killed by puck luck, which corrected itself in a massive way the following season under Peters.

But statistically, this is much closer to the Hartley era. Only difference is he coached a team with no talent to an unsustainable season and a second round appearance before their unsustainable play inevitably caught up to them the following season.

Ward has great talent to coach, so the Flames could quite easily still grab a Playoff spot despite poor 5v5 play, but this 8-3-1 record under him is far from sustainable.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd rather the team be bad and enjoyable to watch than mediocre and whatever the hell this is
Ward mixes the lines so much, now we have 4 3rd lines and playing like it

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I'd rather the team be bad and enjoyable to watch than mediocre and whatever the hell this is

Honestly, I completely agree with you.

I'd rather be very entertained watching a bad team play than a mediocre team playing nap-worthy hockey.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Was a poor effort but chalk this up as a "schedule" loss which would be easier to take if we were doing better but it is what it is.

Shutout for the 5th time in 39 games, pretty sure we were shutout 3 or 4 times all of last season, so that's not good.

Lastly, we've barely ever given Talbot run support this year, he's let in some softies but he still has a .913 save %.
In his 10 starts the Flames have scored a total of 19 goals, only scoring more than 3 goals twice and scoring 1 or less 5 times.

Reactions: Calculon

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Man, I thought we saw the worst of the Jekyll and Hyde stuff under Gully...

How many shutouts have we handed other teams so far??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad