going to ice-finally

Goalie_Gal

Jul 15, 2006
The thread is closed now or I'd just reply there and reactivate it, but a few months ago I posted about going from roller to ice, and someone (i don't remember who) responded saying "one butterfly slide and you'll be hooked". That stuck in my head, and I'll be damned, you're right! With the recent cold weather, my usual outdoor roller group has been playing on ice for the past few weeks and from the first minute I loved it. I even signed up for some lessons starting in March, since I don't feel comfortable just jumping into an open hockey or pickup game at an indoor rink without a little more experience and help with the technical stuff.

So, I just wanted to thank whoever it was who said that. I have to wait until March for a few reasons, but if the weather stays cold I'll be able to play on ice 2 or 3 times a week outside, so at least I'll still be getting some experience/playing time in. :)

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
I just moved to ice as well, when my high school finally got a team. I've vowed never to go back to roller. Takes a little while to get used to the differences, but you'll have the basics relearned pretty quickly. Let me know how you like it when you start playing more competitive games. Best of luck to you!

Muttley*

I just moved to ice as well, when my high school finally got a team. I've vowed never to go back to roller. Takes a little while to get used to the differences, but you'll have the basics relearned pretty quickly. Let me know how you like it when you start playing more competitive games. Best of luck to you!

:clap:

Your HS, did they start out at JV or Varsity?

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
We started JV, but we were surprisingly good (we beat a nationally ranked team) and consequently other schools have dropped down Varsity players to the point where we essentially play a Varsity team. In NJ I think there's a rule that first year has to be JV, don't know if that's universal or not though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->