Going to be purchasing my first Ducks jersey, need some advice!

Discussion in 'Anaheim Ducks' started by PrototypeX85, Oct 12, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. PrototypeX85

PrototypeX85 Registered User

So, a few questions:

1. What size is recommended for a hockey jersey? I'm going to using it to play pick-up hockey games, as well as wearing it to Disneyland every now and then, and of course to Ducks games. Should I get a size above what I normally use, due to the added equipment that will be in there when I use it for hockey?

2. I want one that is going to have longevity. Ryan Getzlaf seems like a safe bet, but I'm still not sure what type of jersey to get. The alternate jerseys seem to be used more and more these days, and I'm not sure if I should go with that or the regular black home jersey.

3. What is the best way to take care of it? I am going to be paying for an authentic jersey, and I want to make sure that it stays in good shape for a while.

Thanks in advance!

2. rollingdux

rollingdux Registered User

Home Page:
    Pretty sure someone can answer # 1 & # 3 for you, but looks like the Ducks will be switching the primary logo to the webbed shaped D & heard rumors about the 3rd jersey perhaps becoming our regular.

As far as safe pick? Getzlaf & Selanne are the way to go. The next group would be Perry, Beauchemin, Fowler, & you can place Silfverberg in there as well. The next group would be the remaining vets/rookies that would be a personal favorite.

3. Boogernaut

Boogernaut Chunk Manmeat

If it matters to you that the jersey actually be in use by a current player throughout the time you own it, then that's a tough call. There have been some rumblings that the Ducks may be moving full time to the thirds, and even if not, they may move to the webbed-D logo over the current Ducks wordmark.

But I'd point out that defunct jerseys can be just as cool. I mean if you got a Selanne jersey you could get it in any number of styles and have it be legit. And just look at the hype surrounding the Mighty Ducks throwbacks - proof that jerseys that were roundly hated in the hockey community (and they were hated, don't let the current hype fool you) can be cool later on. So, there's longevity and then there's longevity.

4. Ducks Nation*

Ducks Nation* Registered User

My next jersey is going to be a Lindholm one, but Getzlaf is the safest if that's what your looking for.

5. DaDucks*

DaDucks* Guest

Well, you cant have it all.....

Depends on where your priorities are.
    the 3rd jersey best suits Disney land and the current away jersey best suits the arena.:sarcasm:

6. Ducks Ahoy

Ducks Ahoy Effort = overrated

Alternate Silfverberg you will be mine!

7. tANNERRRR54

tANNERRRR54 Registered User

My next purchase will be a Silfverberg jersey for sure.

In my opinion, I wouldn't buy a jersey like this to use for pickup...it's just going to ruin it and give it wear and tear that it doesn't need.

8. Ducks Ahoy

Ducks Ahoy Effort = overrated

Jumping on the Silfver Bullet train as well my friend:yo:

9. PrototypeX85

Still wondering about the jersey size. I normally wear large, but are jerseys different? Not sure if I should go with that, or XL.

Also, will I find a good deal at the team store at Honda Center or am I best off just ordering online?

10. Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM sowcufucakky

If you're getting authentic, you aren't getting an XL, you're getting a chest size - 48, 50, 52 etc.

Edit - and you'll get a far better deal online at the NHL shop. You can get better deals at other online vendors, and some of them are actually not made in China.

11. Papaspud

Papaspud Vatman

52 is x-large
    If that helps

12. Duck Off

Duck Off HF needs an App

I'm poor. Someone buy me one. Postage on me ;)

13. PrototypeX85

14. snarktacular

snarktacular Registered User

Huge caveat in that this information is a few years old. I last bought (them returned) a Premier jersey in 2007. I bought an authentic (2007 model) in 2009 or so.

Premier jerseys themselves seem decent. They might work to play in. But beware the customization on the Premiers. In 2007 I got a SC Pahlsson with the Finals patch right after the win from NHL.com. The jersey was fine but the numbers and name were complete crap. Silk screen/heat pressed, and not done well at that. A couple other details were also like that (shoulder patch? Can't really recall). I complained so much that they gave me a full refund (not supposed to happen for customized jerseys). Sadly authentics didn't come with the SC patch so I never replaced it.

A few years later I got an authentic Perry from the team store. I made sure that it was stitched instead of pressed. I'm happy with that one.

So if you get a replica, don't have NHL.com do it or make sure it will be stitched.

15. PrototypeX85

I'm probably just going to get a blank premier. Do you know of anywhere in the Anaheim area that can stitch the name and number on it, and how long does it take?

16. Papaspud

Papaspud Vatman

Hockey Giant off the 5 @ Katella
    They'll do it while you wait.

17. Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie Registered User

If you're looking for longevity, then I'd agree with Damn Skippy. Go "classic". Teemu will forever be a Duck. That's one player that is so loved and will have his number retired. Hence, a classic pick. Well, technically, he's still playing so you get the best of both worlds. LoL

If they do retired #8, then I have a rare #8 that doesn't have Teemu's name on it - it's Ozo's.

18. AngelDuck

AngelDuck Rak 'em up

I own a Getzlaf captain home black jersey.

Great buy. I wear it to every game, it fits perfectly, Getzlaf is here long term, and is the best player on the team. Can't complain.

19. PrototypeX85

Really? I figured I'd have to drop it off and pick it up after about a week or something. All the websites I've visited add an extra few weeks to the process of shipping the jersey if you choose to customize it. Also, will they add the "C" to the front?

20. CoreyPerryisaSaint

CoreyPerryisaSaint #MakeAnaheimGr8Again

years ago I got a custom one in under an hour there and ys they can add on the C

21. mightyquack

mightyquack Boll 2 hit superstar

I use Sportsk to buy and customise Anaheim jerseys, they use premier jerseys but any patch/name/number is stitched on.

Not sure if it's changed since then as I haven't bought a jersey since 2011 though.

22. PrototypeX85

I just called and they said it would be 3-4 weeks to do the authentic stitching. :(

23. snarktacular

Hmm. With the release of the throwbacks, places like this might get kits to do the original style. Could be perfect to get my original jersey done with a name.

24. Boogernaut

Boogernaut Chunk Manmeat

Which name?

25. snarktacular

Back when I got the jersey I had it reserved for Rucchin. But now I might do Selanne.