Movies: Godzilla: King of the Monsters

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
^ My god, that horrible 1998 Godzilla design sticks out like a sore thumb.

Pretty sure they made a note that the Skull Island Kong was still very young, so wouldn't be surprised to see him get over 200 feet or whatever in that 40 year gap to make it more comparable to Godzilla at 350ft. I think Kong would still work as a smaller monster though.

I wonder if he'll get rando nonsense electrical powers like he did in the 1960s Japanese movie. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I will note that if I have one complaint so far it's that I wish Ghidorah had a version of his classic "chattering" call/roar from the Toho films. I get that it's not an intimidating sound, but it's probably the most distinctive Toho roar after Godzilla himself, so I am a little bummed out it's not (audibly) layered into any of the noises he makes in the trialer.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I watched the anime trilogy on Netflix and overall it was pretty good. I know it got shit on by the majority of the Godzilla fanbase, but I liked it. The animation is easily some of the best ive seen. The story and characters are good, and it was a nice new take on what could have easily have been a mail in job by toho.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think Godzilla is going to be the next version of Planet of the Apes, movies without the hype of superhero films but are consistently awesome action packed blockbusters

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Sure, I never miss one, and this one looks interesting. But, in general, if I had my druthers, I would leave Godzilla to the Japanese who do the movies in the right spirit.

Have you seen Shin Godzilla released in 2016? That movie is pretty great.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hujujuj. Where can i buy the tickets?

It seems, that this is the peak of Godzilla franchise. I cant imagine, what else could they tell in the future movies. Some Aliens vs Godzilla?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Hujujuj. Where can i buy the tickets?

It seems, that this is the peak of Godzilla franchise. I cant imagine, what else could they tell in the future movies. Some Aliens vs Godzilla?
220px-Mechagodzilla_original_Showa_version.jpg

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad