TV: God of War TV show in development by Amazon & Sony

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Eh, I don't blame them. Turning video games into movie/shows is the big thing right now. Uncharted also killed it at the box office so it works if done right.

Teal'c better be playing the main guy.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A great gaming franchise. But, Sony is really going overboard with turning their IPs into films and TV Shows. Just did Uncharted, have the Last of Us HBO series on the way, this, and they likely are going to do something with the Destiny IP. They did Ratchet and Clank a couple years ago. Not, Sony but we got the Halo series, a Nier anmie, and a Mario on the way.

Maybe some of these will be the exception, but most movies based on video games tend to not be very good. RE and Sonic are the only massive successes I can think of. Doom, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers movie, Ratchet and Clank and I'm sure some others I missed bombed. But, it just continues to show how Hollywood has limited ideas they are willing to take to market and put a big budget behind.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
A great gaming franchise. But, Sony is really going overboard with turning their IPs into films and TV Shows. Just did Uncharted, have the Last of Us HBO series on the way, this, and they likely are going to do something with the Destiny IP. They did Ratchet and Clank a couple years ago. Not, Sony but we got the Halo series, a Nier anmie, and a Mario on the way.

Maybe some of these will be the exception, but most movies based on video games tend to not be very good. RE and Sonic are the only massive successes I can think of. Doom, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers movie, Ratchet and Clank and I'm sure some others I missed bombed. But, it just continues to show how Hollywood has limited ideas they are willing to take to market and put a big budget behind.

Uncharted is doing very well at the box office too. The user reviews aren't horrible either. I enjoyed it

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Epic fantasy/mythology series right now is a crowded space. I'm expecting that this series will have an uphill battle in finding an audience big enough to justify the budget you need to do it right.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

This would be VERY difficult to screw up.

They would have to set a goal to screw this up.

Epic fantasy/mythology series right now is a crowded space. I'm expecting that this series will have an uphill battle in finding an audience big enough to justify the budget you need to do it right.

Are you familiar with the series? the audience doesn't need to be the fanbase is well established

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad