24. Detroit : Scott Mayfield
25. Toronto (PHI) : Boone Jenner
26. Washington Capitals : David Musil
27. Tampa Bay Lightning : Joe Morrow
28. San Jose Sharks : Connor Murphy
29/30. Toronto (BOS) : Vladislav Nadmedniskov
30/29. Vancouver : Alexander Khoklachev

Notes:
- Florida takes Larsson therefore stock-piling it's defence and eventually trading some of it for forward help
- Grimaldi barely misses the first round
- Hamilton and Couturier could easily switch places
- Musil may have gone a bit higher than expected, mainly due to team needs
- Carolina is really impressed with Oleksiak
- Beaulieau goes that high because of need mainly

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Wrong place for this thread, and Armia won't fall that far.

Looks good otherwise.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Great mock draft. Really like some of the picks. A little different and deviate from the typical mock draft

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Although I love the Namestnikov pick at #29, I doubt Burke and co. pick up a Russian in the 1st round (or in the 1st 3 rounds for that matter).

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Florida is not gonna take a defenseman, even if it's Adam Larsson. We are stacked on defense and we need elite forwards.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Not how I would pick, but how I think these teams may pick.....
1. Edmonton : Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2. Colorado: Gabriel Landeskog
3. Florida : Jonathon Huberdeau
4. New Jersey : Adam Larsson
5. Islanders : Dougie Hamilton
6. Ottawa : Sean Couturier
7. Winnipeg : Ryan Strome
8. Columbus : Ryan Murphy
9. Boston (TOR) : Nathan Beaulieu
10. Minnesota : Mika Zibenejad

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is the 15th mock I've seen having us take Brodin. :shakehead:help:
I don't know why everyone is under the impression that Anaheim is looking for defense. Especially since next year's draft is defense heavy. Our team needs are C>G>W>>D

Sure we could use a few more physical defenders in our system, but we have quite prospects at that position as it is (Vatanen, Schultz, Clark, Heed, Newton, etc.) so unless it's a guy like Oleksiak, Siemens, or Hamilton Ducks pass on D till the second round. And it'll be tough as it is for a prospect to make the jump to the NHL cause we already have 5 of our top 6 figured out for a while, and if one of them leaves, Murray's preference is to pursue a UFA Dman over a prospect.

No to Brodin. As far as your draft goes after pick #22. Ducks don't pick Brodin and would rather take Puempel, Jenner, or J. Gibson. Those guys would be more important, and more helpful to Anaheim's system at the moment.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
disagree he is the best player in the draft you take him

Well, Tallon has hinted very strongly that we will take a forward and that's what we need. Most fans knows that we need an elite forward prospect, and we got a chance to trade down a spot or two if Larsson is there (teams would probably give up a lot to get that chance).

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
This is the 15th mock I've seen having us take Brodin. :shakehead:help:
I don't know why everyone is under the impression that Anaheim is looking for defense. Especially since next year's draft is defense heavy. Our team needs are C>G>W>>D

Sure we could use a few more physical defenders in our system, but we have quite prospects at that position as it is (Vatanen, Schultz, Clark, Heed, Newton, etc.) so unless it's a guy like Oleksiak, Siemens, or Hamilton Ducks pass on D till the second round. And it'll be tough as it is for a prospect to make the jump to the NHL cause we already have 5 of our top 6 figured out for a while, and if one of them leaves, Murray's preference is to pursue a UFA Dman over a prospect.

No to Brodin. As far as your draft goes after pick #22. Ducks don't pick Brodin and would rather take Puempel, Jenner, or J. Gibson. Those guys would be more important, and more helpful to Anaheim's system at the moment.

I think Anaheim needs D as well... seems most people who think that are non anaheim fans... after this years playoffs it only reinforced my opinion that the Ducks need to draft D

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think Anaheim needs D as well... seems most people who think that are non anaheim fans... after this years playoffs it only reinforced my opinion that the Ducks need to draft D

Sbisa and Fowler aren't fully seasoned yet, and you can bet that over the next 3 years we will fill the holes in our D with the FA pool, not draftees. We'll probably look for shutdown D next year. Our goalie pipeline is pathetic, we have a lack of decent centers, and with Beleskey and Sexton sorta busting, we're gonna need to replenish the wing. The one spot that we are filled with, is D. Even though most of them are offensive Dmen. We can afford to wait one draft to get a shutdown d. As I said before, Oleksiak, Siemens, Hamilton (maybe Mayfield) are the only dmen Anaheim would draft this year. Brodin would just give us another guy we already have (style wise).

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
Well, Tallon has hinted very strongly that we will take a forward and that's what we need. Most fans knows that we need an elite forward prospect, and we got a chance to trade down a spot or two if Larsson is there (teams would probably give up a lot to get that chance).

maybe Tallon figures larsson will be gone by #3, or he's planning on trading down.

Isles_Guy*

If Gabriel Landeskog is there at 5 the Islanders pick him. Great D men can be found in round 2.

you are correct, usually the only reason people give us hamilton or murphy is so a better forward slips down to their favorite team

if they even once listened to Garth Snow the man who actually will be making the pick, theyd know that,

the only way Landeskog gets to 6 is if Larsson, is there at 5 too.

Ottawa if they want him will need to trade up most likely

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
you are correct, usually the only reason people give us hamilton or murphy is so a better forward slips down to their favorite team

if they even once listened to Garth Snow the man who actually will be making the pick, theyd know that,

the only way Landeskog gets to 6 is if Larsson, is there at 5 too.

Ottawa if they want him will need to trade up most likely

Didn't realize, thought most of NYI's needs on the front-end were filled. Also, im of the opinion that Hamilton has potential to be a top 2 player in this draft.

Isles_Guy*

Didn't realize, thought most of NYI's needs on the front-end were filled. Also, im of the opinion that Hamilton has potential to be a top 2 player in this draft.

Garth Snow has been very open about his opinion of drafting Defenseman in the top 5, he says in general they are too risky to take that high and that he'd only do it if there were no equally ranked forward available

he believes it is more prudent to draft defenseman later, as he did with Hamonic, MacDonald and De Haan, its just his personal belief

its why he traded down from Luke Schenn, one thing about Garth, he's tight lipped, but when he does talk what he says is what he believes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->