Tribute Goathead unveiling

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I had no idea where to put this, and it randomly showed up on my YouTube feed. For those who’ve never seen it, or don’t remember it, here’s the special that was the unveiling of the Goathead.

I was there in person - and I was sad we were losing the blue and gold. The actual ceremony with Bush blaring out of those old speakers at The Aud was pretty lit, though.

Reactions: HOOats

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I was there in person - and I was sad we were losing the blue and gold. The actual ceremony with Bush blaring out of those old speakers at The Aud was pretty lit, though.
I got pulled out of school early to go with buddies from my Bisons squirt team (thank god my folks understood priorities). One of the coolest events I've ever been to to this day. Bush owned 1996 lol.

In hindsight though, and as much as I love the goats, a team completely changing it's colors and logo after 26 years is a bizarre move. It was a trend in the 90s I know, but it's funny to think how little they appreciated the value of tradition and continuity in branding then.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua

I had no idea where to put this, and it randomly showed up on my YouTube feed. For those who’ve never seen it, or don’t remember it, here’s the special that was the unveiling of the Goathead.

I love the exploding logo at the beginning. The pinnacle of TV graphics :)

I’ll watch the whole video later when I have a chance.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I was there too. I was a small child and wanted every piece of gear they had there, didn't get anything lol

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I got pulled out of school early to go with buddies from my Bisons squirt team (thank god my folks understood priorities). One of the coolest events I've ever been to to this day. Bush owned 1996 lol.

In hindsight though, and as much as I love the goats, a team completely changing it's colors and logo after 26 years is a bizarre move. It was a trend in the 90s I know, but it's funny to think how little they appreciated the value of tradition and continuity in branding then.
Everyone knew me as being a Sabres fan 1st and all I received was compliments that the jersey changeover was awesome. No criticism whatsoever.

Even now at my advanced age, I intend to get a 26 Dahlin lettered and numbered 3rd. Of course, pro sized........54.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad