Speculation: Goaltending market

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey all, any goalies you think are on the move?

ANA: is there a Gibson market?

AZ: Vejmelka interest anywhere

BOS: Ullmark on the move now or in the off-season?

BUF: Is Lukkonen their guy? Is Levi ready to be called up again? Do they need a better vet goalie? Is this an off-season issue?

CGY: Is Markstrom getting moved today or in the off-season? Is the asking price too high? Does Vladar get traded instead?

CAR: Are the Canes comfortable with Andersen coming back from a scary injury?

CHI: Mrazek their go-to guy still as a stopgap?

COL: do the Avs look for a someone to backup Georgiev, one who could steal some games from him?

CBJ: Elvis still wanting a change of scenery?

DAL: Otter and Wedgewood a good tandem, do you stick with it? Do you upgrade Wedgewood?

DET: Detroit trying to upgrade Husso before their likely playoff berth?

EDM: Do the oilers upgrade Pickard? Offer a fortune for someone to take on Campbell? Cap dump for cap dump deal?

FLA: Bob must be the guy, is Knight traded to grab cap space for their UFA signings? What is Knight’s value?

LAK: Are Rittich and Talbot enough for LA to stick with them for the remainder of the season, or are both their inconsistencies enough for LA to still be aggressive on the market for a better option?

MIN: Fleury getting moved?

MON: Allen still getting moved?

NSH: Are the Preds going to get the offer they want for Saros? Now or later?

NJ: Is Fitz exploring his options or is he still hell bent on obtaining Markstrom?

NYI: Sorokin and Varlamov don’t seem to be doing anywhere.

NYR: Shesterkin and Quick the likely tandem and not going anywhere.

OTT: just signed last summer, but are the Sens wanting to upgrade Korpisalo?

PHI: With Hart gone and Torts helping the Flyers win games, do the flyers explore the market for a better goalie?

PIT: Jarry likely stays, what about Ned?

SEA: Is Grubauer healthy enough to stick as the option there? Is Daccord going to steal the net? Do they need another option down the line in case of injury?

SJ: Is Kahkonen on the move? Blackwood?

STL: Is Binnington legitimately the guy or is he moved? Is Hofer the future?

TOR: Does Toronto upgrade from Samsonov/Woll/Jones? Do they try to find a more stable option with term?

TBL: With Vasilevskiy being down before, is the priority to find another goalie that could steal the show and is better than Johansson?

VAN: Is DeSmith the guy to keep behind Demko?

VGK: Hill and Thompson likely the way to go.

WPG: Hellebuyck is their way to go.

WSH: Kuemper or Lindgren potentially up for grabs?

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Kähkönen has only this year left on his contract, whereas Blackwood is signed for next season too. If one of them gets moved, I'm thinking it's Kähkönen. There hasn't been too much chatter regarding a possible trade, however.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
CAR: Are the Canes comfortable with Andersen coming back from a scary injury?
Y'all realize he's the probable #2/1B now at-least until Pete Kochetkov hits a rough patch? Also, that at the start of yesterday we had 4 goalies on the NHL roster?

Not saying we're not happy to have Freddie back, but we were prepared for his indefinite illness leave to be a retirement, if necessary.

Reactions: CraigsList

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Jake Allen would probably be very cheap and the Habs can retain IF they don't retain for another player, presumably David Savard (they really, but really should retain for Allen and keep Savard). He's also unfit for anything else than backup duties.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I see Philly putting a claim in for Raata. If that fails later today, they trade for another backup goalie before the deadline is over.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks have no retention slots left for this year, so they aren't able to eat any of Gibson's deal until the off season (not that they are likely to want to retain heavily for three more years anyway).

Assuming most these teams can't just take on 6.4M right now, any Gibson deal would have to involve cap heading back to Anaheim.

I don't think the Ducks should just entirely hand the reigns to Dostal just yet, but he's shown enough that it makes sense to consider pairing him with a cheaper 1B type. A Gibson still trade has to make sense for Anaheim though, I don't sense any urgency to unload him.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm hoping we can move Neds, but at this point I wouldn't bet on it. Too many options out there but the only advantage is he will be a UFA after this season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Don't see anyone paying the price for Saros, and with our current playoff position I think that is what it would take. Now once we hit the offseason I think he could be, especially if he wants a NMC. At that point I think Trotz's ask gets more reasonable.

Reactions: Puckclektr

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I wonder if There is not a deal to be made between Mtl and Philly. Philly needs a goalie for next year too. Allen to Philly for The much travelled Ryan Johansen with maybe $1M retained plus a mid round pick.

Mtl uses Johanssen this year as they have a bunch of centres on IR and then buys him out next year. Assuming 1M retention the buyout would result in Cap hits of 1,333,333 for Nashville, 1M for Mtl and 333,333 for Philly in 2024-25 and 2025-26

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Calgary isn't trading Markstrom. They are pushing for playoffs. May make a move forbl a goal scorer instead.

• Haha
Reactions: Inno

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Caps probably looks to move one of their goalies. Lindgren’s value is at an all time high and he comes extremely cheap. It would take a huge offer for the Caps to move him.

Kuemper could be moved though. He hasn’t played horrible but not at the level Washington wanted when they signed him to stabilize the goaltending position. He also has the pedigree of a SC so that’s a selling point for one of these dumb GMs lol

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Calgary ownership is hoping for playoff profits, so unlikely Markstrom moves before offseason

• Haha
Reactions: Inno

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
For me a deal that makes sense since Hart has been out is Allen to PHI. Ersson could grow with a NHL veteran, solid backup not hungry for his place. In addition, PHI would benefit from having a better backup than they have today.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will say this about MAF- he has been playing well recently. You could do worse than pick him up for a playoff run. Just don't know if he is willing to leave MN. Surely he can see that MN will not be in the playoffs, and that this will be his last chance at a Cup, though?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
NSH: Are the Preds going to get the offer they want for Saros? Now or later?
No. He's not even available at all right now with the Preds on a roll and heading to the playoffs. Later - either at the draft or later in the summer - they still won't get offered what they want.

The only way he becomes realistically available would be later in the summer if things really go off the rails in terms of his demands for his contract extension. The Preds will not give him a NMC - not with Askarov and an Expansion Draft both coming. I don't personally expect his contract demands to be outrageous enough that the Preds will look to trade him. But who knows. That's the only way he becomes available - and it would come with the Preds lowering the threshold on what they would need coming back, as opposed to anybody offering more. It's not impossible. Just unlikely that it comes to that IMO. :dunno:

Reactions: CraigsList

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad