Goaltender of the tournament

Bryzga lol*

I don't know if you want to be named Goaltender of the Tourney. It's kind of a badge of mediocrity. Past winners include: Stephane Fiset, Manny Legace, Jamie Storr, Craig Billington.

So not winning the award will make him a great goalie??? :dunno:

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
My vote is going for Price unless he is terrible today.

But I do think Jeff Frazee at least deserves a mention. He posted a 1.60 gaa, a .943 sv%, and a 4-1 record with the 1 loss being in a shootout against the 2-time defending champs after allowing 1 goal in 70 minutes.

Had the US started the right guy from day 1, the USA would have avoided Canada in the semis. Heck, they may have even beaten Canada and secured the #1 seed, forcing Canada and Russia to square off in the semis.

Last edited:

turnbuckle*

Well - safe to say Price is the man. I wouldn't be surprised to see Price named tournament MVP.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I have been really impressed with the goaltending this year as a whole. Price was the best, but to varying degrees Varlamov, Gistedt and even Pielmeier were very good.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Thanks for the info:), but...

Wikipedia is not really giving me the 2002 mvp, 2001 mvp, 2000 mvp, etc...

And, I checked that last site you posted...it's in RUSSIAN.

Does it inform us about all the MVP's from previous years? (2002? 2001? 2000? 1999? 1998? 1997? 1996?, etc, etc...).

I know the recent MVP's (2006:Malkin; 2005: Bergeron; 2004:PArise; 2003: M-A Fleury), but...
2002?
2001?
2000?
1999?
etc...

Last edited:

wildone26*

Varmalov was very good but playing on a team giving up less shots then other teams, and until Sweden in semis and Canada in final playing weaker opposition as it is very obvious in hindsight they were in the weaker pool. Czech and Finland were much weaker then Sweden or U.S. I dont think this was ever a tough choice, and I am surprised there was any debate over it at all, even if Russia had won the final I dont think Varmalov would have deserved it, after the semis it was Price in a landslide unless Russia crushed Canada in the final. Frazee was equaly deserving as Varmalov as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->