Goaltender Decisions

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
With Crow due back shortly, what do the Hawks do with three goaltenders? Do they send Delia back to Rockford or do they ask Crow to waive his no movement clause and trade him? I know some teams are looking for a solid goaltender and this could give Crow a chance to win one more cup before he retires. Do the Hawks keep all three goaltenders with the team? I know they can't trade Ward or send him down to Rockford. What does everyone else think Bowman will do.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Rockford is actually in a playoff push now and the Blackhawks don’t have many back to back scenerios left. I’d send Delia and Sikura back for the playoff run.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
As well as Delia has done in Chicago. From a developmental perspective, it is more important that he plays games. He still has yet to play a full season in the AHL.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The goaltending scenario fits right in to Stan's plan. I.E. Sign Ward as a 1B and hope that Crawford can come back to take the 1A spot and run with it. It's asking a lot of Crawford, and Ward actually. I'd prefer Delia as 1B but IIRC Ward cannot be demoted to RFD. Should Hawks go with 3 goalies for a stint to get things sorted? I think so.

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Crow if healthy and performing decent next season is a tradable asset with an expiring contract. This season there is no way with him coming off another concussion.

Is Crow on a full or partial NMC next season?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Crow if healthy and performing decent next season is a tradable asset with an expiring contract. This season there is no way with him coming off another concussion.

Is Crow on a full or partial NMC next season?

He has a NTC that allows him to pick 10 teams he could be traded to. So it basically is a full NMC as he could easily pick 10 teams that wouldn’t want to trade for him.

The NMC is still an issue because he can’t be removed from the roster if he isn’t playing well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think the decision has been forced now..

Give Delia the rest of the year in a playoff AHL race, sit Ward back on the bench and spot duty where he is best, and ride Crow until he pukes or needs to go back on LTIR...

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->