Goals on odd-man rushes (2 on 1)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They do not, I’ve looked into this before. I’m not aware of any home brewer stat keepers who track it either.

Anecdotally, I’d guess the succes rate for a clear cut 2-on-1 from the blueline is between 1/3 and 1/4

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I say its probably something lower like 10-20%. Then again I watch mostly Canucks/Montreal/Jets/Maple leaf games.

What is the average on a shoutout attempt?

Reactions: mrhockey193195

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I dont have the data anymore, but back when Heatley was with the Sens (06-07 I believe), I kept track of this for a whole year. The Sens ended up with a % in the high 30s (I want to say 38%).

They were a high scoring team, and scoring was pretty high in general that year. I'd guess that % was higher than the average team.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I dont have the data anymore, but back when Heatley was with the Sens (06-07 I believe), I kept track of this for a whole year. The Sens ended up with a % in the high 30s (I want to say 38%).

They were a high scoring team, and scoring was pretty high in general that year. I'd guess that % was higher than the average team.

Not to call you a liar but that seems awfully high. And if they really converted at that rate it definitely would have been way above average, considering breakaways/shootouts/penalty shots are converted only 32% of the time.

Even if you only consider shooting% on 2on1’s and don’t count ones that didn’t generate a shot, still seems like a high number.

Unfortunate that we don’t have any numbers to look at and compare.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Not to call you a liar but that seems awfully high. And if they really converted at that rate it definitely would have been way above average, considering breakaways/shootouts/penalty shots are converted only 32% of the time.

Even if you only consider shooting% on 2on1’s and don’t count ones that didn’t generate a shot, still seems like a high number.

Unfortunate that we don’t have any numbers to look at and compare.

You're probably right. I don't remember very well. Maybe it was 28%? Idk anymore. Was too long ago

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad