OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
congrats to Facemasks, he should win GM of the Year and certainly had the best team and only made it better with his acquisitions and trades. Not that Jagged Ice doesn't have a chance to comeback, but the steady diet of those winning goalies I believe will keep Facemasks out front.

It was fun, and happy to do it again next season :)
Facemasks has a great team from top to bottom. I have no chance to win the final. It was a fun season playing with you guys. Plus I got some more experience using the ESPN version of fantasy. Yahoo fantasy is still much better IMO. Early congrats to @Surfshop.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Facemasks has a great team from top to bottom. I have no chance to win the final. It was a fun season playing with you guys. Plus I got some more experience using the ESPN version of fantasy. Yahoo fantasy is still much better IMO. Early congrats to @Surfshop.

Jagged, I was up by 6 going into final day and made moves and then all my guys wet the bed and your additions did great and you won by 10, congrats on 2nd place.

Reactions: Surfshop

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

@Jagged Ice it feels weird to say this but I don't agree with you at all, you have to play the games. I mean, your team is stacked with amazing skaters (McDavid?!?!?!) and you have the second best record of anyone, this shouldn't and most likely won't be a landslide victory for me (but if it is, I will not complain :)

FWIW I also like Yahoo better (esp the head-to-head leagues), but agree that this league made me appreciate the game a little bit differently / better (and why else are we here if that's not the case?) Re: Yahoo, I feel those leagues have more strategy rather as team composition matters a lot as opposed to individual player quality which to me makes it more interesting. That's just me though.

Anyway though shoutout to @RABBIT -- thanks so much for making this year happen. I had / am having a lot of fun this year and we are not done even though you guys are handing me a victory as this matchup is barely starting!!! Still a few weeks to go, I will certainly try to win but imo far too early to call.

For the lurkers who want to follow along:
Fantasy Hockey League Scoreboard - ESPN

Thanks again @RABBIT ! This year has been fun :)

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Hello all, great season and playoffs so far! The season wraps May 13th, and we have our Stanley Cup finalists battling it out in @Jagged Ice and @Surfshop. As you probably may have noticed, playoff rounds are extended beyond the standard week. As it stands NOW, I have preemptively layed out the payout plan. See attached file and let me know if there are any questions. Best of luck, finish strong!

View attachment 427148

Hey @RABBIT -- if @Jagged Ice is ok with it, would it be ok to take 10% of the earnings from the winner and give them to the 3rd place team?

My proposal:

Winner: 40%
Runner-up: 20%
Third place: 10%
Division winners: 10%

Still adds up to 100, total percentage ends up the same.

@Jagged Ice lmk what you think -- personally I think it's fair, seems straightforward that third place should get more than 4th place. That said imo me and Jagged should be the only two people with a vote here (maybe @RABBIT with a tiebreaker if necessary) because this affects us most directly.

@Jagged Ice what do you think? To me it makes too much sense, usually there's a prize for third place but right now there isn't. Seems a bit odd, honestly

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
So the way I see it, with the payout changes you guys requested above, the results are as follows:

1. @Surfshop
2. @Jagged Ice
3. @Dr VinnyBoombatz

Please confirm and I will work out the numbers after. That being said, congrats @Surfshop !!!

D5ADFEFC-0C07-4261-9F5E-4050711DFEFC.jpeg

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Definitely planning on doing this again, hope you guys are too!

Quick question, I allocated the payouts and it told me that it will be going to a majority vote. It said that every member will be emailed to cast their vote, and once majority has been hit, the payouts will be distributed. Did everybody get one of these? I didn’t. Maybe because I am the commissioner?

If you haven’t checked yet, please do so!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Definitely planning on doing this again, hope you guys are too!

Quick question, I allocated the payouts and it told me that it will be going to a majority vote. It said that every member will be emailed to cast their vote, and once majority has been hit, the payouts will be distributed. Did everybody get one of these? I didn’t. Maybe because I am the commissioner?

If you haven’t checked yet, please do so!

I did, and I voted in the affirmative. It also asked us to rate the commissioner. I placed you above Bettman. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->