OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
:laugh:you are seriously one of my favorite fantasy opponents.

I won't be after I beat you this week! Ha. Actually it's pretty close right now and I think you're probably going to win this week to be honest, your team has great top level talent, and as you know I just traded a very healthy Palat for a very suspended Tom Wilson and more than a few of my good players (Trocheck, Josi, Ellis) recently went down.

Still going to do everything I can.

Good luck! Or not. Right. Not wishing you good luck. At least not this week.

=D

EDIT: Just checked the score and we are currently TIED with 82.5 points each. lol

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
we are currently TIED with 82.5 points each

What are the odds?

upload_2021-3-12_7-36-18.png

Reactions: Surfshop

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I've got Smith and Dubnyk In net tonight. The next best thing to coyote goalies is former coyote goalies. :laugh:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Not my best trade. :facepalm:

Yeah sorry about that MIG. Obviously I was hoping Zib would pop off at some point but not this week you know? You had a monster day too yesterday, Forbert, Doughty, Mario Ferraro all did great you know, we're actually still pretty close this week regardless of what the Rangers did yesterday. But yeah, sorry Zib had to choose this week to have his record breaking performance

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah sorry about that MIG. Obviously I was hoping Zib would pop off at some point but not this week you know? You had a monster day too yesterday, Forbert, Doughty, Mario Ferraro all did great you know, we're actually still pretty close this week regardless of what the Rangers did yesterday. But yeah, sorry Zib had to choose this week to have his record breaking performance

Maybe he'll pull a Fischer. Ya know, hat trick and then NEVER score again! :naughty:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I've been playing fantasy hockey most of my life but this is the first time I've played in a league that awarded points for hits, shots or blocks. It has me thinking about some NHL players in a new light.

For example, I was stoked to add legit NHL stars like Quinn Hughes and Kuznetsov recently. Both are piling on assists at an impressive clip but are below average in fantasy production. Would it kill them to throw a hit once in a while?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I've been playing fantasy hockey most of my life but this is the first time I've played in a league that awarded points for hits, shots or blocks. It has me thinking about some NHL players in a new light.

For example, I was stoked to add legit NHL stars like Quinn Hughes and Kuznetsov recently. Both are piling on assists at an impressive clip but are below average in fantasy production. Would it kill them to throw a hit once in a while?

This is my first time playing fantasy hockey, and once I noticed that 2 blocked shots equal one assist I started looking for players that didn't score much but accumulated points other ways. I also theorize that hits and blocks are less likely to experience midseason slumps than goals and assist.

Radko Gudas has been a nice addition to my lineup. Zero goals and only 5 assists, but 134 hits put him 3rd in the league.

My team's biggest weakness is goaltending. I think to win fantasy hockey it helps to have 5 starting goaltenders.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Yeah @lanky I wouldn't go too far in that direction, I mean Quinn Hughes is still Quinn Hughes whether or not he throws hits or blocks shots.

BUT it is worth considering that different players bring different skills to a team. So a guy like, say, Derek Stepan who the boards hate... well, he's actually pretty good defensively if you watch the games. Which is kind of why he used to wear an A. In other words, I'm sure the dressing room appreciates his defensive awareness even if most of the boards thinks he drinks way too much Bud Light.

But yeah lanky -- Fantasy hockey is it's own weird thing. It's important to understand the scoring doesn't necessarily relate to how good a player is in real life although of course there is some correlation

EDIT: I am working too hard rn, I can't defend myself for those of you who would like to go after Derek Stepan (there may be many, and to be clear you are not wrong). I was just using him as an example that fantasy hockey skills may or may not equal actual hockey skills -- I think I think we would all agree with that idea. Could I have picked a better example? Sure, probably. But we are all Coyotes fans and we all know Derek Stepan

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I didn't know our playoffs started, but should have realized it since it coincided with Stamkos going on IR...bum.

middlebrook

Aug 26, 2011
Good god I'm getting my ass kicked right now, perfect time to shit the bed for the playoffs. Oh well I'm Coyotes fan I guess I should be used to disappointment

Reactions: RABBIT

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I’m having a stellar consolation performance :laugh:

Ha, yes you are.

Just some honesty from over here -- I think you have an amazing team. To the point where when I suggested that Tom Wilson / Palat trade I was like, "even though this helps my team, do I really want to help his team make playoffs? If I do we might face each other in the first round, that would not be good" which actually came semi-true as you had the second most points of anyone during the first round.

Put it bluntly, your team is good and I'm glad I dodged you. If Lehner had been healthier this year you absolutely would've made playoffs and maybe even been favored against all of the rest of us -- no shame in having a good team if you're bit by a key injury to a player like that. Imo (and everyone else agreed) you drafted extremely well and your team was very good, sometimes these things happen what can you do

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Hello all, great season and playoffs so far! The season wraps May 13th, and we have our Stanley Cup finalists battling it out in @Jagged Ice and @Surfshop. As you probably may have noticed, playoff rounds are extended beyond the standard week. As it stands NOW, I have preemptively layed out the payout plan. See attached file and let me know if there are any questions. Best of luck, finish strong!

401D1D3A-87AD-4D42-A79E-B7548C4034B5.jpeg

Reactions: Surfshop

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
congrats to Facemasks, he should win GM of the Year and certainly had the best team and only made it better with his acquisitions and trades. Not that Jagged Ice doesn't have a chance to comeback, but the steady diet of those winning goalies I believe will keep Facemasks out front.

It was fun, and happy to do it again next season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad