OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
In retrospect, I sent out 7.4 avg points (3.7 avg points for Rinne, 2 avg points for Aho, 1.7 avg points for Hoffman) for 3.9 points in Matthews. Risky move, but if I fill my holes appropriately via player acquisitions I could potentially make up for it, and he may have just solidified his goaltending. This was a fun trade, but now I’m nervous AF.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
In retrospect, I sent out 7.4 avg points (3.7 avg points for Rinne, 2 avg points for Aho, 1.7 avg points for Hoffman) for 3.9 points in Matthews. Risky move, but if I fill my holes appropriately via player acquisitions I could potentially make up for it, and he may have just solidified his goaltending. This was a fun trade, but now I’m nervous AF.

I don't know @RABBIT imo you might be thinking about this too hard. By doing a 3-1 deal you freed up two more slots where you can add players from the waiver wire, it's not like you lose just because 3.9<7.4. I mean I honestly don't know and neither does anyone else. Like I said before I do think you gave up a lot, but a guy like Hoffman at 1.7 PPG is about what you can get on the waiver wire -- I mean I'm going to drop Burakovsky to pick up Erik Karlsson, Bura's about 1.7 PPG if you want to pick him up you know? So it's not straight numbers for numbers far from it.

Like I said previously, it's a good trade regardless, and regardless, imo you're 0-6 do what you have to. From the outside, the trade seems about even and no idea who will 'win' the trade by the time the year is over

Reactions: MIGs Dog

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
@RABBIT and Orona (not sure who you are otherwise I'd tag you), imo that's a good trade for both of you. Both your teams are not doing so great so you both want to / have to make changes, imo a lot to give for Matthews but Matthews has been next level so far this year (arguably the league's MVP to this point) so none of us have any idea who will win the trade when the fantasy season's over. We will see!

Love the trade, good luck to both of you!
I agree with @Surfshop pretty fair value. Rare to see 3 for 1's in any fantasy sports, but good for both of you! Also means I face an angry Auston Matthews 2 times in the next 3 days against lethargic defensive teams :)

I offered up 5 trades last week to shake things up, all were declined. So I either overvalue my current players or you're all astute GM's....maybe a combo of both.

Reactions: RABBIT and Surfshop

RABBIT

I don't know @RABBIT imo you might be thinking about this too hard. By doing a 3-1 deal you freed up two more slots where you can add players from the waiver wire, it's not like you lose just because 3.9<7.4. I mean I honestly don't know and neither does anyone else. Like I said before I do think you gave up a lot, but a guy like Hoffman at 1.7 PPG is about what you can get on the waiver wire -- I mean I'm going to drop Burakovsky to pick up Erik Karlsson, Bura's about 1.7 PPG if you want to pick him up you know? So it's not straight numbers for numbers far from it.

Like I said previously, it's a good trade regardless, and regardless, imo you're 0-6 do what you have to. From the outside, the trade seems about even and no idea who will 'win' the trade by the time the year is over

that’s good insight! Yeah I know if I feel my holes appropriately I can at least make up for Hoffmans production, if not even Aho’s production. The starting goalie production is where I’m going to be hurt.

That’s funny, I just dropped Erik Karlsson this morning, and Burakovsky is not a bad pick up. It would almost be like a one for one trade if I grab him :laugh:. I have a few other ideas up my sleeve right now but I may circle back to that.

And your trade proposal is definitely interesting, thanks for that. I like Victor Olofsson a lot, but Rittich is where I’m hung up. I just picked up Alexander Georgiev on waivers this morning and I feel that Georgiev might play more games than Rittich will. My main concern about my goalie situation is that I would preferably like to have three starters, versus two starters and one back up. My next biggest concern is that Tarensenko is only a couple weeks away from being healthy and he will be a huge piece for any teams offense in fantasy. He is usually a fantasy darling. It’s a fairly proposed trade, I will give you that, but I think I’m missing a little something. I may come back with a counter proposal after some consideration. Thanks for making this fun!

Reactions: Surfshop

RABBIT

I agree with @Surfshop pretty fair value. Rare to see 3 for 1's in any fantasy sports, but good for both of you! Also means I face an angry Auston Matthews 2 times in the next 3 days against lethargic defensive teams :)

I offered up 5 trades last week to shake things up, all were declined. So I either overvalue my current players or you're all astute GM's....maybe a combo of both.

thanks for the feedback, I’m excited about the trade. I’m doing this partly so I can manifest Auston Matthews really coming home in the future :naughty:

You’re probably not over valuing your players. Fantasy trades are always extremely hard. Nobody wants to budge too much considering injuries and gamesmanship. I made like six trade offers in my fantasy football league and even significantly overpaid on one, all were rejected. I think in retrospect they are probably kicking themselves, because I ended up taking my original roster to the fantasy Super Bowl, but hindsight is 2020. I think now that we’re approaching midway through the season, you will probably see a little bit more shuffling. I think we’ve already had two trades this week.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
that’s good insight! Yeah I know if I feel my holes appropriately I can at least make up for Hoffmans production, if not even Aho’s production. The starting goalie production is where I’m going to be hurt.

That’s funny, I just dropped Erik Karlsson this morning, and Burakovsky is not a bad pick up. It would almost be like a one for one trade if I grab him :laugh:. I have a few other ideas up my sleeve right now but I may circle back to that.

And your trade proposal is definitely interesting, thanks for that. I like Victor Olofsson a lot, but Rittich is where I’m hung up. I just picked up Alexander Georgiev on waivers this morning and I feel that Georgiev might play more games than Rittich will. My main concern about my goalie situation is that I would preferably like to have three starters, versus two starters and one back up. My next biggest concern is that Tarensenko is only a couple weeks away from being healthy and he will be a huge piece for any teams offense in fantasy. He is usually a fantasy darling. It’s a fairly proposed trade, I will give you that, but I think I’m missing a little something. I may come back with a counter proposal after some consideration. Thanks for making this fun!

Yeah there's a lot going on (which there always is) =D

Markstrom's injured day to day right now. But often day to day injuries turn into week-to-week so...

That said I agree with you, like I said in the trade proposal Markstrom's been lights out this year in a tough division, Rittich is a good goaltender but his value depends on when Markstrom comes back.

Kind of like Tarasenko's value depends on when he comes back :)

For everyone else, the offer was Oloffson + Rittich for an injured Tarasenko, I modified it to include Burakovsky (so Oloffson + Rittich + Bura), yes including Bura makes it too high but I'm planning on dropping Bura anyway for Erik Karlsson so whatever. Imo Bura is the forward version of Mike Smith -- high upside but high downside, scores in bunches and if he doesn't score he doesn't do anything else for your team. I'd still rather have him on my team than someone like Mike Hoffman though, that said Mike Hoffman's release is also next level (just like Bura's) and STL is a good team just like COL. I might trade Joonas but I'm relatively high on him -- technically he's a good goalie but he's been absolute shiiite this year (he'll get more chance to turn it around as Elvis is week-to-week).

Anyway! @RABBIT I'll pull the offer at some point today / tonight because I absolutely want EK on my team, not sure how the waivers work and like I said am planning on dropping Bura for EK, not going to risk that for an offer that you may or may not be interested in anyway.

And also for the record? @AZviaNJ you never sent me any trade offers!!! We both have good teams and we're both from NJ (I grew up in South Brunswick, 15 mins from Princeton). No hometown preference just saying... but if you know that area I really miss Hoagie Haven. Just saying that is a legitimate hoagie place... haven't found a place like that in the Valley although Forefather's does have legitimate Philadelphia Cheesesteaks (from a guy who went to school in Phila). Hoagie Haven was next level tho

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RABBIT

Yeah there's a lot going on (which there always is) =D

Markstrom's injured day to day right now. But often day to day injuries turn into week-to-week so...

That said I agree with you, like I said in the trade proposal Markstrom's been lights out this year in a tough division, Rittich is a good goaltender but his value depends on when Markstrom comes back.

Kind of like Tarasenko's value depends on when he comes back :)

For everyone else, the offer was Oloffson + Rittich for an injured Tarasenko, I modified it to include Burakovsky (so Oloffson + Rittich + Bura), yes including Bura makes it too high but I'm planning on dropping Bura anyway for Erik Karlsson so whatever. Imo Bura is the forward version of Mike Smith -- high upside but high downside, scores in bunches and if he doesn't score he doesn't do anything else for your team. I'd still rather have him on my team than someone like Mike Hoffman though, that said Mike Hoffman's release is also next level (just like Bura's) and STL is a good team just like COL. I might trade Joonas but I'm relatively high on him -- technically he's a good goalie but he's been absolute shiiite this year (he'll get more chance to turn it around as Elvis is week-to-week).

Anyway! @RABBIT I'll pull the offer at some point today / tonight because I absolutely want EK on my team, not sure how the waivers work and like I said am planning on dropping Bura for EK, not going to risk that for an offer that you may or may not be interested in anyway.

And also for the record? @AZviaNJ you never sent me any trade offers!!! We both have good teams and we're both from NJ (I grew up in South Brunswick, 15 mins from Princeton). No hometown preference just saying... but if you know that area I really miss Hoagie Haven. Just saying that is a legitimate hoagie place... haven't found a place like that in the Valley although Forefather's does have legitimate Philadelphia Cheesesteaks (from a guy who went to school in Phila). Hoagie Haven was next level tho

looking at a few things. Sent a trade request to @lanky so depending on that and the other things I will let you know. Feel free to pull it whenever if you need to.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
looking at a few things. Sent a trade request to @lanky so depending on that and the other things I will let you know. Feel free to pull it whenever if you need to.
I'll pass on the trade offer. Goalies were core to my draft strategy and I'm not ready to soften on that strategy, even for a great player like that.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Awesome that makes sense. @lanky's goalies are great and imo he needs forwards, rn you're the other way so a fair trade with him would help both your teams. Not that I want lanky's team to be better but it certainly makes sense for both of you. Pulling the offer I made, but still interested in Tarasenko if you're interested in trading (if not no worries).

If for whatever reason you don't make a deal with @lanky , maybe we can figure something out. Would be ok trading Rittich, not as ok trading VV or Korpi (mostly because I'm sure I value both of them more than I should), but I'd think about any offer that's well thought out.

Good luck everyone going forward!!! IMO trades make this game much more fun =D

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'll pass on the trade offer. Goalies were core to my draft strategy and I'm not ready to soften on that strategy, even for a great player like that.

Not prioritizing goalies has been my downfall.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Halak has given up 7 goals and he's STILL IN NET! Why does Cassidy hate me?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@RABBIT a packed schedule today means a battle royale to see who wins this week. Mikey Smith might be my savior if his hot streak continues. I hope Matthews stubs his toe in the shower. :naughty:

Reactions: RABBIT

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Who is “I hate Wendy’s?” You made me a trade proposal but didn’t ask anything back from me. I don’t want to accept it because I would basically get a player for free
That's me....I forgot the trade (or lack of) offer....thanks for not accepting :)

Reactions: Surfshop and RABBIT

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
March massacre today at Team Grey Wolves. Had to cut loose some dead weight. Not a coincidence that most were LA Kings. :wg:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Being a Coyotes fan is not easy for many reasons.

One cause, unfortunately, is if you happen to have Grubauer on your fantasy team.

Why? Because obviously you want him to get lit up. But obviously you don't want him to get lit up! Partly because your first place fantasy team is currently losing a head to head matchup to a team that's currently 1-7.

For whatever reason, the fact you've all but mathematically made the playoffs with half the season still to go (every other team is still fighting) doesn't seem to matter at all. Makes no sense.

I don't know. Go Yotes!! Hopefully Grubs gets lit up tomorrow. More than happy to take the hit for the (greater) team ;)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Being a Coyotes fan is not easy for many reasons.

One cause, unfortunately, is if you happen to have Grubauer on your fantasy team.

Why? Because obviously you want him to get lit up. But obviously you don't want him to get lit up! Partly because your first place fantasy team is currently losing a head to head matchup to a team that's currently 1-7.

For whatever reason, the fact you've all but mathematically made the playoffs with half the season still to go (every other team is still fighting) doesn't seem to matter at all. Makes no sense.

I don't know. Go Yotes!! Hopefully Grubs gets lit up tomorrow. More than happy to take the hit for the (greater) team ;)

You can have your cake and eat it too. Coyotes win 1-0. Grubs with 29 saves.

I went out on a limb yesterday and acquired M. Subban on a one game tryout. He proceeded to give up 6 goals. PTO over. :laugh:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You can have your cake and eat it too. Coyotes win 1-0. Grubs with 29 saves.

Hey that makes a lot of sense! Knew there was a reason to join a fantasy league with other superfans. Great way to look at things.

So there you have it. Cheering for a 1-0 win from the Yotes with Gruby saving 33 of 34 shots. Goal on a sick deflection by DVo you heard it here first. Go Yotes!

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Hey that makes a lot of sense! Knew there was a reason to join a fantasy league with other superfans. Great way to look at things.

So there you have it. Cheering for a 1-0 win from the Yotes with Gruby saving 33 of 34 shots. Goal on a sick deflection by DVo you heard it here first. Go Yotes!

That didn't work. We were supposed to win by a goal with Grubauer making 44 saves, not the other way around. oh well

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That didn't work. We were supposed to win by a goal with Grubauer making 44 saves, not the other way around. oh well

It's weird how having a good goalie on a bad team can rack up huge fantasy pts. Raanta had a big night.

Reactions: Surfshop

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Hey there @RABBIT. You're going to have to earn it.

I really want you to win this week actually! But I am going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Those last statements don't make sense to me either. I mean they really doesn't make sense. Re-read them before posting, and seriously wtf am I thinking. The statements disagree with themselves. Is there any way what I'm thinking makes even a little bit of sense?

Maybe like being a Yotes fan.

And yet... we are all still here

RABBIT

Hey there @RABBIT. You're going to have to earn it.

I really want you to win this week actually! But I am going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Those last statements don't make sense to me either. I mean they really doesn't make sense. Re-read them before posting, and seriously wtf am I thinking. The statements disagree with themselves. Is there any way what I'm thinking makes even a little bit of sense?

Maybe like being a Yotes fan.

And yet... we are all still here

:laugh:you are seriously one of my favorite fantasy opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad