OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I had some good draft choices but overall my depth is shot. Couple that with bad roster management (I went like 5 days without touching my roster on accident) and I am a cellar dweller

I noticed you weren't adjusting your roster when you let me beat you. Since I'm a rookie, I was thinking "maybe Rabbit knows something I don't?" :laugh:

Reactions: RABBIT

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Took the plunge and picked up Smitty. I'm predicting a big bounce back performance tonight!

Yeah good pickup I'm glad you got him. I was at 6 goalies so had to drop / trade one, I was choosing between Smith and Korpisalo. Imo Smith has both way more downside but also upside, he could easily be the starter for EDM and see a lot of shots, him and Lankinen could actually be a decent 1-2 punch for you. Hope he works out for you

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah good pickup I'm glad you got him. I was at 6 goalies so had to drop / trade one, I was choosing between Smith and Korpisalo. Imo Smith has both way more downside but also upside, he could easily be the starter for EDM and see a lot of shots, him and Lankinen could actually be a decent 1-2 punch for you. Hope he works out for you

I also played Greiss the other day (not so great results). Soft spot for former Yote netminders I guess. Where's Bryz?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@OT OEL

Sweet trade offer I'm sending you. My underperforming, 40 goal-scoring center, for your underperforming goalie. Let's make it happen!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Ill a

Ill accept. I havent been able to even play really. Work is so hectic for me recently. Easy wins guys haha

You need to login to your team area and accept the offer by tomorrow morning.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
@MIGs Dog hang on over there -- just sent you a different offer for your underfperorming 40G scorer :) lmk what you think, imo the offer seems fair in both directions (rather than the other offer I sent through that was probably too high on my end, you ended up with Smith anyway though so all good). Goalie I suggested is not underperforming as you will see

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
@Surfshop
What are your thoughts on Nikita Zadorov?

I think he's not great in real life but decent in fantasy partly because he hits everything. I'm in need of forwards though (and it looks like you need D-men), sending you a trade offer now.

Also if you look at fantasy points per game, the two players are exactly the same this year imo trade helps both teams

EDIT: Pulled the trade offer as I'm going to drop Zadorov when Conor Murphy returns (maybe sooner). I do like Zadorov in fantasy because of the hits, but after looking at the other available D on the waiver wire right now he's one of the top options available but I'm not entirely convinced he's better than some of the guys you can pick up freely. Also keeping him on my team would give me 3 defensemen from Chicago, that's too many. So, if you want to wait a few days you can get him for free unless someone else scoops him up @lanky

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@MIGs Dog hang on over there -- just sent you a different offer for your underfperorming 40G scorer :) lmk what you think, imo the offer seems fair in both directions (rather than the other offer I sent through that was probably too high on my end, you ended up with Smith anyway though so all good). Goalie I suggested is not underperforming as you will see

@OT OEL Sorry Bro, took a different offer. I violated our handshake agreement, which I guess means I can't be trusted. :(

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
@OT OEL Sorry Bro, took a different offer. I violated our handshake agreement, which I guess means I can't be trusted. :naughty:

@MIGs Dog you're good -- obvi I may be a little biased though . Sorry @OT OEL but it sounds like it's ok.

For everyone else, in all fairness I tried to trade for Zib whenever that was, offer was Smith + Tatar + Bura which was honestly too much but I had to dump a goalie because Gruby was coming back from injury (I had 6 goalies with him on IR). Glad @MIGs Dog got Smith he needs the help, Smith is streaky (and playing in a TOUGH division) but if he starts with good goal support imo he could end up one of the top 5 or 10 fantasy goalies this year.

Zib is a big risk -- he's been TERRIBLE this year and people are saying he's injured... but I dunno why not take that risk let's see what happens, maybe he becomes old Zib which would be amazing for my fantasy team and also for all of hockey. Halak will get you stable points and plays every other or every third game, I think we'd all agree he's a better than average goalie playing for an amazing team.

Trades are fun! Hopefully this means we can all do more of them

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@MIGs Dog you're good -- obvi I may be a little biased though . Sorry @OT OEL but it sounds like it's ok.

For everyone else, in all fairness I tried to trade for Zib whenever that was, offer was Smith + Tatar + Bura which was honestly too much but I had to dump a goalie because Gruby was coming back from injury (I had 6 goalies with him on IR). Glad @MIGs Dog got Smith he needs the help, Smith is streaky (and playing in a TOUGH division) but if he starts with good goal support imo he could end up one of the top 5 or 10 fantasy goalies this year.

Zib is a big risk -- he's been TERRIBLE this year and people are saying he's injured... but I dunno why not take that risk let's see what happens, maybe he becomes old Zib which would be amazing for my fantasy team and also for all of hockey. Halak will get you stable points and plays every other or every third game, I think we'd all agree he's a better than average goalie playing for an amazing team.

Trades are fun! Hopefully this means we can all do more of them

Z will probably light it up now that I've dumped him, but it's not like I was winning the Cup anyway. Needed to shake things up....send a message to my veterans to get their act together. :D

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Z will probably light it up now that I've dumped him, but it's not like I was winning the Cup anyway. Needed to shake things up....send a message to my veterans to get their act together. :D

I hope so!!!! That's why I did the trade otherwise wtf

Lol -- in all seriousness you got a good player in Halak, at this time you value him more than you value Zib, at this time I value Zib more than I value Halak -- this can and may obviously change before the end of the season. Either way both of us are happier than before, I was an econ major, econ 101 says we both win as we've both done a good job of allocating resources more efficiently which maximizes total utility. Not like anyone else knows what I just said but whatever.

More relevantly, you're in a tough division both @lanky and @Vinny Bombatz have great teams so no worries with doing what you have to, also you might win the cup you never know. It's a long year and so many COVID postponements.

Best of luck the rest of the way!
hope we both end up in the finals and Halak and Zib both end up with great showings during the playoffs

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I hope so!!!! That's why I did the trade otherwise wtf

Lol -- in all seriousness you got a good player in Halak, at this time you value him more than you value Zib, at this time I value Zib more than I value Halak -- this can and may obviously change before the end of the season. Either way both of us are happier than before, I was an econ major, econ 101 says we both win as we've both done a good job of allocating resources more efficiently which maximizes total utility. Not like anyone else knows what I just said but whatever.

More relevantly, you're in a tough division both @lanky and @Vinny Bombatz have great teams so no worries with doing what you have to, also you might win the cup you never know. It's a long year and so many COVID postponements.

Best of luck the rest of the way!
hope we both end up in the finals and Halak and Zib both end up with great showings during the playoffs

I get one more game with Z on my roster....aaaanndd he ain't doing squat. :mad:

Edit:. He scored. Probably getting ready to break out. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfshop

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Pure coincidence that me and the Ducks decided to waive Henrique at the same time.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
@RABBIT is putting up a fight this week. :fight:

0-6.
CD73F939-7978-41D2-988D-9656AD47E5B3.gif

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

RABBIT

All seriousness. I need offense. I need somebody that produces more than 2.5 points a game. I don’t want to give him up but I’m thinking I will trade Sebastian Aho in a package for someone that can potentially get me out of my slump. Review my roster, if you see a package that works for you, submit me a trade request. Also let me know on here if do you have any questions

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
All seriousness. I need offense. I need somebody that produces more than 2.5 points a game. I don’t want to give him up but I’m thinking I will trade Sebastian Aho in a package for someone that can potentially get me out of my slump. Review my roster, if you see a package that works for you, submit me a trade request. Also let me know on here if do you have any questions

@RABBIT and Orona (not sure who you are otherwise I'd tag you), imo that's a good trade for both of you. Both your teams are not doing so great so you both want to / have to make changes, imo a lot to give for Matthews but Matthews has been next level so far this year (arguably the league's MVP to this point) so none of us have any idea who will win the trade when the fantasy season's over. We will see!

Love the trade, good luck to both of you!

Reactions: RABBIT and MIGs Dog

RABBIT

Just saw the trade. Ya know, Matthews is OK, but he doesn't block many shots. :laugh:

View attachment 399994
Lmaoo. I wish I could retroactively change the point structure. I went with mostly ESPN’s default.

@RABBIT and Orona (not sure who you are otherwise I'd tag you), imo that's a good trade for both of you. Both your teams are not doing so great so you both want to / have to make changes, imo a lot to give for Matthews but Matthews has been next level so far this year (arguably the league's MVP to this point) so none of us have any idea who will win the trade when the fantasy season's over. We will see!

Love the trade, good luck to both of you!

I’m noticing that every winning team in our league typically has one or two superstars. Sebastian Aho is a really good player, but hasn’t been living up to his potential as of late. I think the reason I made this trade is because I needed someone that could be a game changer for me each night they play. With that being said, I lost Aho who could completely turn it around at the drop of a hat (capable of 80 to 90 points season) Mike Hoffman who is a great depth scorer in fantasy, and a goaltender - which is always a risky move. I now have two starting goalies and one back up goalie. May not cut it.

To justify, I’m the only team without a win in our league, which is pretty friggin embarrassing. I learned that being last in the snake draft order is great in fantasy football just due to the tremendous amount of depth, but not so great in hockey. There are huge names go off the board by pick 10, and then the level two guys with slow digression from there on out.

I needed to change something up, and Matthews is a great producer. Sometimes you have to gamble. I am looking for a goalie now if anybody wants to take a look at my roster.

By the way, Orona is my buddy Danny who I record a podcast with. Huge sports fanatic. If I’m correct, there are only three people in our league that are not members of this forum. He is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad