OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The mysteries of fantasy scoring never ceases.

Player A has more minutes, more SOG, and a better +/-. Yet player B has more fantasy points. Neither player has points in the game. Why?

Update:. Player B (DeBrincat) just jumped ahead as he picked up an assist, but I'm still scratching my head why Strome was ahead of him with zero pts and zero SOG. Maybe faceoffs?

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
The mysteries of fantasy scoring never ceases.

Player A has more minutes, more SOG, and a better +/-. Yet player B has more fantasy points. Neither player has points in the game. Why?

Update:. Player B (DeBrincat) just jumped ahead as he picked up an assist, but I'm still scratching my head why Stroke was ahead of him with zero pts and zero SOG. Maybe faceoffs?

3D4E5460-D866-4EBE-8F94-B5D76D409BC6.png

Here are the scoring rules. Are you seeing anything here that may have given player B the advantage?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's blocked shots. 2 blocks = 1 assist. Seems rather generous. Yes... I'm whining, cuz I'm getting CRUSHED. :cry:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I finally found a netminder that can rack up some pts. KEVIN LANKINEN in Chicago has great numbers...much better than Subban. Hopefully he gets more starts.

P.S. I probably just applied the jinx. :facepalm:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I was considering him in my league (I have a Jarry-DeSmith tandem), but I don't want to touch any of the other Chicago goalies :)

I'm keeping a tandem this season, so I probably won't be making much in the way of a change for a while; still, I'm "watching" Lankinen for a possible future move.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I was considering him in my league (I have a Jarry-DeSmith tandem), but I don't want to touch any of the other Chicago goalies :)

I'm keeping a tandem this season, so I probably won't be making much in the way of a change for a while; still, I'm "watching" Lankinen for a possible future move.

We have a weird scoring system in this league where saves matter quite a bit (wins matter too but Lankinen will most likely contribute heavily as long he stops most shots and doesn't get lit up).

@MIGs Dog that's a good add. Imo Lankinen's won the starting job in Chicago at this point. I would've added him before you but I feel like my goalies are set (esp if Vanecek ends up starting for WSH which I think is slightly more likely than 50/50 at this point). Seriously though, good add WRT Lankinen, he's too valuable to be unclaimed and he can absolutely help your team

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I wish Zibanejad would have told me he was going to suck this year BEFORE I drafted him.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I wish Zibanejad would have told me he was going to suck this year BEFORE I drafted him.

Just sent you a trade offer which is in all honesty probably way too much for Zib given how bad he's been this year. Oh well life is short. Anyone who would think about vetoing the trade (if it's accepted), note that I was the one who suggested it and I did so with both eyes wide open

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just sent you a trade offer which is in all honesty probably way too much for Zib given how bad he's been this year. Oh well life is short. Anyone who would think about vetoing the trade (if it's accepted), note that I was the one who suggested it and I did so with both eyes wide open

I visited the Rangers board to see what they were saying, and half their fans want to trade him! Which is ludicrous of course. I've read he's been battling through some injuries. The dude put up 75 pts last year in ONLY 57 games!!! No way that can be a fluke. I'm not that interested in Smitty...he'll be injured soon. :naughty: Tatar and Burakovsky would be an upgrade from a couple of my 4th liners, but they are performing consistently with last year. Not much chance they shoot higher. I like my odds with Z that he'll get healthy and pick it up. If he starts putting up just half as many pts as last season it's worth keeping him.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I visited the Rangers board to see what they were saying, and half their fans want to trade him! Which is ludicrous of course. I've read he's been battling through some injuries. The dude put up 75 pts last year in ONLY 57 games!!! No way that can be a fluke. I'm not that interested in Smitty...he'll be injured soon. :naughty: Tatar and Burakovsky would be an upgrade from a couple of my 4th liners, but they are performing consistently with last year. Not much chance they shoot higher. I like my odds with Z that he'll get healthy and pick it up. If he starts putting up just half as many pts as last season it's worth keeping him.

Curse of the Coyotes goaltenders I guess :) Yeah I think Zibanejad is most likely somewhere around a point a game kind of guy or slightly above (last year was ridiculous, most likely not repeatable) but when 10-15 games have production this low, maybe there's something else going on. Like injuries which you mentioned... which also means he might not turn it around if those injuries linger. Hopefully he does though he's obviously a top tier talent.

Anyway in some sense I'm kind of glad you didn't accept the trade. I thought the offer was bonkers from my side actually, esp because I think but am not sure Zib will turn it around (esp if he's injured). I mean if you look at his fantasy point totals, he would average the lowest points of any member of my entire team, and as you can see the bottom of my roster is such household names like Mario Ferraro and Calvin de Haan. Looks like he's the worst performer on your team too with fewer points per game than people like Joel Edmunson and Alex Iafallo. Ouch. It's really strange that Zib is underperforming even those guys hopefully he turns it around soon.

Anyway good luck! Looks like Lankinen's working out for you as well, hope that continues

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Zibanejad missed training camp while recovering from Covid. He says he's 100%, just a matter of time before it starts clicking again.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Curse of the Coyotes goaltenders I guess :) Yeah I think Zibanejad is most likely somewhere around a point a game kind of guy or slightly above (last year was ridiculous, most likely not repeatable) but when 10-15 games have production this low, maybe there's something else going on. Like injuries which you mentioned... which also means he might not turn it around if those injuries linger. Hopefully he does though he's obviously a top tier talent.

Anyway in some sense I'm kind of glad you didn't accept the trade. I thought the offer was bonkers from my side actually, esp because I think but am not sure Zib will turn it around (esp if he's injured). I mean if you look at his fantasy point totals, he would average the lowest points of any member of my entire team, and as you can see the bottom of my roster is such household names like Mario Ferraro and Calvin de Haan. Looks like he's the worst performer on your team too with fewer points per game than people like Joel Edmunson and Alex Iafallo. Ouch. It's really strange that Zib is underperforming even those guys hopefully he turns it around soon.

Anyway good luck! Looks like Lankinen's working out for you as well, hope that continues

You dodged a bullet by not giving me Smith. My goalies all suck!!!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I walked into my fantasy office this morning and threw a fantasy coffee mug against the fantasy wall due to my fantasy team's poor REAL results. OK, they weren't that bad...I had the bad luck of facing @lanky . Nonetheless, some dead wood is hitting the waiver wire this morning. Kessel is lucky I'm not his GM.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->