OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I just created a league on ESPN fantasy, I can make it up to 20 teams, currently at 12. I’m thinking a $50 buy-in but open to ideas if that’s too steep or too shallow - money due at the end of the season. There will be compensation for winner and 2nd place, maybe division winners too, still tinkering.

I just completed my first season of fantasy football and it was a blast, hoping I get enough takers for hockey now. If you’re interested, let me know!

LINK to ESPN Invite:
Fantasy Hockey Join - ESPN

Sure...why not. I may not win, but my team will have 100% home attendance and no stadium issues.

Reactions: RABBIT

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Love fantasy hockey. Count me in.

I've always found it a hassle to get friends signed up and committed. I'll leave it to you this year.

RABBIT

@Jagged Ice @MIGs Dog @lanky so i created a league in ESPN and Yahoo just in case (so I can get the ball rolling.)

I’m taking votes (hopefully more people will want to join and we can get more input before the draft this weekend) on which platform we would like to use. We can convert it to a cash prize league in either one. I would prefer cash prize but taking votes on that as well. I’m thinking a 50 buy-in.

We can do a buy in on Yahoo but it requires I make a payment to Yahoo up front, and Yahoo would distribute the funds to the winner automatically. Or we can do private money pool, where we all pay in at seasons end (or in the beginning) and we distribute the funds ourselves.

Let me know how y’all wanna roll!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@Jagged Ice @MIGs Dog @lanky so i created a league in ESPN and Yahoo just in case (so I can get the ball rolling.)

I’m taking votes (hopefully more people will want to join and we can get more input before the draft this weekend) on which platform we would like to use. We can convert it to a cash prize league in either one. I would prefer cash prize but taking votes on that as well. I’m thinking a 50 buy-in.

We can do a buy in on Yahoo but it requires I make a payment to Yahoo up front, and Yahoo would distribute the funds to the winner automatically. Or we can do private money pool, where we all pay in at seasons end (or in the beginning) and we distribute the funds ourselves.

Let me know how y’all wanna roll!

I don't have experience with either platform, so don't have a preference. I'm ok with $50, but you might get more participation with a lower amount.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's interesting that goalies earn the most pts for wins, and not some other metric like S% or GAA. Don't think I can draft Kuemper. :(. Remember a couple of seasons ago when Domingue had that long win streak with TBL because the tm averaged like 5 gls every time he took the ice. Drafting goalies is more about predicting which teams will win the most games.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bump. Let's get up to 12 teams.

If $30 buy-in makes the difference instead of $50, then I'mnfine with that.

RABBIT

When I click the link it says my fee is $48. What gives?
I adjusted it from 50 to 48 so that you don’t get charged over $50 (there’s a processing fee to use their service.)

we already had a little bit of concern over the $50 buy-in, so I didn’t want people to be charged $52

middlebrook

Aug 26, 2011
Hi long time lurker here but always wanted to try fantasy hockey. Im down to play if you all want a new guy to be a part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad