Goalies

Incognito31

Oct 24, 2006
Whats going on guys im looking to buy a new set of goalie pads but as a student I am a little short on money with selling my old pads im looking at about $500.00. I just need some advice and reviews on these pads:
Itech 7.8 Vamp
RBK 7K
Simmons 922 06 model
SherWood Ceberus 6 or 8
(If anyone knows of any within my ragnge plese add or sites who sell cheap equipment)

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If your range is $500, I would honestly try and get some higher level pads used on ebay. Maybe you could get some used pro Koho pads in that price range. Im actually looking to sell my pads (TPS Bionics Pro-Returns) to get Itech 11.8's, so im not sure if you're interested :)

Maybe try the Itech 7.8 X-factors, they seem to be pretty good quality for a non-pro pad, under $500, and are on goaliemonkey.com. That would be my #1 choice of a non-pro pad. You mentioned the RBK's, and Ive never seen them up close, from what I hear the 7K is also a pretty decent non-pro pad. So my suggestion is the Itech 7.8 X-factors or the RBK's for SR pads, or try to find some used pro pads on e-bay.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
You can problably get a brand new set from Simmons in your price range. Currently running his end of season clearance sales...Join the GEW forum gets you added discounts plus you can PM mark(MARK57) to talk over prices and see what options you might have.

www.donsimmons.com

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
One thing I forgot to mention, goalie pads aren't necessarily something that you can read a review for. Obviously you CAN, but you're much better off going out and trying on thr pads yourself. Everyone plays differently and everyone has their own likes/dislikes for pads. Go out and try some of the pads on that we've recommended, as well as whatever caught your eye. Make your decision based on that

Incognito31

Oct 24, 2006
One thing I forgot to mention, goalie pads aren't necessarily something that you can read a review for. Obviously you CAN, but you're much better off going out and trying on thr pads yourself. Everyone plays differently and everyone has their own likes/dislikes for pads. Go out and try some of the pads on that we've recommended, as well as whatever caught your eye. Make your decision based on that

i see you live in jersey where can you go where they have a large variety of pads...(i live in northern jersey)

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
With some places I think you can order pads, try them on, and if you dont like hem you can send them back and get your money back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->