Goalies

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Incognito31, Mar 12, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Incognito31

Incognito31 Registered User

Whats going on guys im looking to buy a new set of goalie pads but as a student I am a little short on money with selling my old pads im looking at about $500.00. I just need some advice and reviews on these pads:
    Itech 7.8 Vamp
    RBK 7K
    Simmons 922 06 model
    SherWood Ceberus 6 or 8
    (If anyone knows of any within my ragnge plese add or sites who sell cheap equipment)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. fullmetal2405

fullmetal2405 Registered User

student
    Itech Vamp looks okay. Tried the set on once and it was comfortable. I wanted those until I tried on the RBK 7K. Great set of pads right there. as for sites to get them cheap, the best I've found are great skate and goalie monkey

3. PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion

If your range is $500, I would honestly try and get some higher level pads used on ebay. Maybe you could get some used pro Koho pads in that price range. Im actually looking to sell my pads (TPS Bionics Pro-Returns) to get Itech 11.8's, so im not sure if you're interested :)

Maybe try the Itech 7.8 X-factors, they seem to be pretty good quality for a non-pro pad, under $500, and are on goaliemonkey.com. That would be my #1 choice of a non-pro pad. You mentioned the RBK's, and Ive never seen them up close, from what I hear the 7K is also a pretty decent non-pro pad. So my suggestion is the Itech 7.8 X-factors or the RBK's for SR pads, or try to find some used pro pads on e-bay.

4. MikeD

MikeD Registered User

Machinist
    Home Page:
    You can problably get a brand new set from Simmons in your price range. Currently running his end of season clearance sales...Join the GEW forum gets you added discounts plus you can PM mark(MARK57) to talk over prices and see what options you might have.

www.donsimmons.com

5. fullmetal2405

student
    One thing I forgot to mention, goalie pads aren't necessarily something that you can read a review for. Obviously you CAN, but you're much better off going out and trying on thr pads yourself. Everyone plays differently and everyone has their own likes/dislikes for pads. Go out and try some of the pads on that we've recommended, as well as whatever caught your eye. Make your decision based on that

6. Incognito31

i see you live in jersey where can you go where they have a large variety of pads...(i live in northern jersey)

7. fullmetal2405

student
    Nearest place to me that has any pads is about 45 minutes away. But to me that's worth it :D

8. Incognito31

yea i would def. make the trip to try on pads what place are u talking about?

9. fullmetal2405

student
    well there's Ocean Hockey south of me, the pro shop at the Ice House to the north... Off the top of my head can't think of anything else with a good pad selection.

10. ISensFanI

ISensFanI Registered User

With some places I think you can order pads, try them on, and if you dont like hem you can send them back and get your money back.