Goalies who still use old school helmets

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
Any current goalies on here insist on wearing the good 'ol cat's eye cage and helmet combo a la Chris Terreri, Dan Cloutier, and basically any goalie from the mid-80s? It seems every rec league team I face has a goalie with the standard mask we all see in the NHL and in college, but just wondering if any keepers insist on kicking it old school. :clap:

[IMAGE]http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0512/14/SPORT-14s04-cloutier-510_368.jpg[/IMAGE]

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Chris Osgood, probably because he has a big head.

Dominik Hasek, of course.

Tim Thomas has a really bizarre mask. Sort of a hybrid helmet, mask...

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
Stephen said:
Tim Thomas has a really bizarre mask. Sort of a hybrid helmet, mask...
Thomas' mask looks pretty flimsy compared to current goalie masks. It looks like its always about to pop off.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
As a goalie I hated seeing Thomas' mask....so bad looking IMO lol

Cloutier, Hasek, Osgood is all the goalies that I can think of with old school masks.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Hasek isn't totally old school. It's made by Warwick I believe and it costs like $2K.

Marty Prusek is a goalie that wears the old school type mask.

Personally for me, can't beat a helmet with a Bauer 500 cage :D

kovalev27hf

Aug 3, 2005
nyc
paint job is what most of the cost is for that warrick version the mask is just the same as the cloutier no real difference

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
mages are pretty sick, they look alot sweeter than combos

apparantly you can look down easier in a combo or a mage than in a mask, but you know.. they're kind of ugly.

the guy that invented it though, tony priolo, does some great work. before brians went out they were about to sell his masks as part of their beast line

i dont know where the video is, but he used to have a clip of him in one of his masks kneeling infront of a net, and having a boni puck machine wailing at his head, just to prove that he stands behind his product.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
aerialis said:
i dont know where the video is, but he used to have a clip of him in one of his masks kneeling infront of a net, and having a boni puck machine wailing at his head, just to prove that he stands behind his product.

Here, towards the bottom of the page.

Boni machines are expensive.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
kovalev27hf said:
paint job is what most of the cost is for that warrick version the mask is just the same as the cloutier no real difference

I would have to say no to that...though I did get my price wrong. Still, $1100 base price. http://www.warwickmaskcompany.com/

Hasek is carbon fiber, kevlar, epoxy shell. I think Cloutier was using a Bauer/Cooper SK2000 still which is definitely not made to the specs of the Warwick. Osgood has the same. Hasek used to wear one too before he switched over I do believe.

Also how could I forget Arte Irbe and his Jofa lid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->