Recalled/Assigned: Goalies waived

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
There's no chance both of these buys gets picked up on waivers. Neither are in the plans long term anyways, since neither is better than Ramo.

This is not a big deal, no need to freak out.

Remember, a team can't just claim one of them and stick them in the farm. If they are claimed they must stay in the NHL. Tell me with a straight face that there's an NHL team out there who would look at Irving's stat line and say "Hmmm, looks like a solid backup for us this year, better pick him up!"

Xelstyle

Jan 23, 2011
Chair and a Desk
Not to mention, whoever gets picked up must stay with the big club for the rest of the season. How many people are in desperate need of a backup with the quality of Irving and Karlsson? You could argue some teams might take a flyer on Irving based on potential, but most teams are looking to win games with their backups (or not lose). I feel confident both clear. If not, there's still Broissot (sp), Ramo, Gillies (sp).

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There's no chance both of these buys gets picked up on waivers. Neither are in the plans long term anyways, since neither is better than Ramo.

This is not a big deal, no need to freak out.

Remember, a team can't just claim one of them and stick them in the farm. If they are claimed they must stay in the NHL. Tell me with a straight face that there's an NHL team out there who would look at Irving's stat line and say "Hmmm, looks like a solid backup for us this year, better pick him up!"

Toronto only has Reimer as Scrivens should stay in the Ahl and gain experience.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It's no secret that Toronto will be trading for a goalie very soon. If they claimed one of our guys and then traded for a goalie they would have to run with three goalies, wouldn't make any sense.

People having been saying that for a while, I think they do trade for one but if the price is to high Irving could be an option to buy them time.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I sure hope Brossiot isn't in Feaster's Immediate plans. As well as Jarry has done this season for the Oil Kings, I would feel more comfortable with him and Brossiot in net.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Of course not. He's not NHL calibre, but then again, he never was.

Feaster hasn't been GM very long and he's already thrown away a handful of picks.

The only picks I feel he threw away was the pick for PL3 and Byron and Byron wasn't that bad considering he was tearing it up in the AHL at the time. Ward runs a very defensive system that hasn't helped him.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The only picks I feel he threw away was the pick for PL3 and Byron and Byron wasn't that bad considering he was tearing it up in the AHL at the time. Ward runs a very defensive system that hasn't helped him.

7th for a broken Modin, a 5th for a useless Leblond, and the 2nd for a small, fringe player in Byron.

For a team like Calgary, with a below average prospect pool and aging NHL core, throwing away picks is a horrific strategy and something they simply can't afford to do if they ever want to be seriously competitive.

I will agree that Wards emphasis on defensive isn't helping things. He's a little too focused on winning at any cost, rather then developing talent, which should be his priority given the AHL is a primarily a development league.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
7th for a broken Modin, a 5th for a useless Leblond, and the 2nd for a small, fringe player in Byron.

For a team like Calgary, with a below average prospect pool and aging NHL core, throwing away picks is a horrific strategy and something they simply can't afford to do if they ever want to be seriously competitive.

I will agree that Wards emphasis on defensive isn't helping things. He's a little too focused on winning at any cost, rather then developing talent, which should be his priority given the AHL is a primarily a development league.

In hindsight, not a great use of those picks.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I sure hope Brossiot isn't in Feaster's Immediate plans. As well as Jarry has done this season for the Oil Kings, I would feel more comfortable with him and Brossiot in net.
Brossoit can only be recalled on an emergency basis, so no need to worry.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Well of all our players on waivers I wouldn't miss any of them. Both goalies....look at how many games they won for us. As far as Byron, Carson, etc. wouldn't care if they were claimed either.

Don't care. B!tch all you want about losing these goalies but that's what you get when you have one of the best goalies in the game. Period.

Now, hopefully this points to Ramo for next season, and open contract space to make some blockbusters.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Well heres hoping Feaster redeems himself if Janks and Sieloff pan out, then we can forget about PL3 for a 5th.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What the . . ? Looks like Feaster's lost his mind.

Oh, and Byron was waived as well. Good to see that 2nd round pick Feaster traded being put to good use. :shakehead

NHL contract does not mean a 1 way. Could be a 2 way deal just incase both get claimed.

haQ Loob

Oct 31, 2006
Well heres hoping Feaster redeems himself if Janks and Sieloff pan out, then we can forget about PL3 for a 5th.

I think Butter had a lot to do with picking up PL3. Didn't he have a love on for him from his time in NJ?

And didn't the second rounder in the Byron acquisition have more to do with getting Darcy Regier to take over Kotalik's contract?

Wisebroad and Feaster could probably take credit for Gaudreau (who will hopefully make it to the NHL and have success) and Baertschi (who may not have been taken by most other teams with the 13th pick in his draft year).

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I covered both of those and Modin was brought in to add some depth incase we make the playoffs I am not going to cry over it. I understand the idea of getting Byron he was having a great season in the ahl but I thought a 3rd would be enough. PL3 was a terrible trade I don't get it, but I still think if Ward opened things up we would see players like Byron do much better and learn more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->