Recalled/Assigned: Goalies waived

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Ortio appears to be the only one left under contract. Unless they're signing Brossoit (or trading or picking another goalie up off waivers) ?

Very confusing move by Feaster, but I never have any idea what is going through that guy's head. Also, he didn't even say hi to me when I wished him good luck this season before the Subway Super Series game in Victoria. Jerk ...

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This is quite confusing... I thought for sure it was going to be one of these guys. Who else could it be? Maybe Ramo is coming over sooner than we though...?

Aug 3, 2010
Well, this IS interesting. With three days to go before the Flames' opening night, who's playing backup? Or is Kiprusoff saying, "**** it, it's only 48 games, I can play the entire thing, have them develop in the AHL"? :sarcasm:

But really, this points to a trade or a signing of Ramo. I think seeing Ramo is more likely, especially if Hartley has ever seen Ramo play in the KHL while he was coaching in the Swiss leagues.

berto14

Oct 1, 2009
Looks like Bobby Mac is now saying Irving is not on waivers. Sorry for the confusion. Would be nice if Bobby doubled check his tweets before sending.

He originally posted it as "Irving Leland" and later said he transposed the names... don't see anywhere that McKenzie said he's not on waivers, only that he got the first/last names wrong.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Looks like Bobby Mac is now saying Irving is not on waivers. Sorry for the confusion. Would be nice if Bobby doubled check his tweets before sending.

Well, this IS interesting. With three days to go before the Flames' opening night, who's playing backup? Or is Kiprusoff saying, "**** it, it's only 48 games, I can play the entire thing, have them develop in the AHL"? :sarcasm:

But really, this points to a trade or a signing of Ramo. I think seeing Ramo is more likely, especially if Hartley has ever seen Ramo play in the KHL while he was coaching in the Swiss leagues.

I agree with you guys my intuition tells me they are signing Ramo.

Aug 3, 2010
I KNEW I should have attended the Flames' open practice today. Just to listen to the hearsay on the ice...

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
This is really wierd. Maybe they are hoping one gets picked up, so that they can sign Taylor or Brust... Or that whoever doesnt get picked up gets the backup job... But I can't see them leaving this up to chance.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This is really wierd. Maybe they are hoping one gets picked up, so that they can sign Taylor or Brust... Or that whoever doesnt get picked up gets the backup job... But I can't see them leaving this up to chance.

I was thinking maybe it was to clear space for an unrelated trade. Still, yeah leaving it to chance seems awfully strange.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I wonder if anyone will put a claim in. This is a strange move.
The Islanders have been snapping up players on waivers like crazy. I fully expect them to claim Irving. Leafs may also put in a waiver claim.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
It's called giving your team flexibility. Neither has taken the bull by the horns in training camp, so a little kick in the rear end is never a bad idea.

They have yet to decide who the backup will be, and this gives them the opportunity to freely send one of them down when they make a decision.

If one gets claimed then great we have found our backup for the season.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Maybe you are getting a backup along with another piece in a trade? Did you guys want an upgrade at backup?

Most Flames here thought Irving or Karlsson would fight for the spot. I can't imagine what backup we would want in a trade...There was talking of giving Brust a call up though.

The Islanders have been snapping up players on waivers like crazy. I fully expect them to claim Irving. Leafs may also put in a waiver claim.

Sigh, you are probably right. Would not be surprised if Irving is gone.

It's called giving your team flexibility. Neither has taken the bull by the horns in training camp, so a little kick in the rear end is never a bad idea.

They have yet to decide who the backup will be, and this gives them the opportunity to freely send one of them down when they make a decision.

If one gets claimed then great we have found our backup for the season.

Good point, but if they are both claimed?

Also choosing a backup based on a process of who doesn't get picked up on waiver is a ****ing stupid idea.

So we are going to go with whichever backup is deemed worse by the NHL as a collective? How is that a logical plan lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad