Goalies Heritage Night [Who Do You Want?]

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
20py3ux.jpg

Just saw this on the Flyers homepage...

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=113880&navid=DL|PHI|home

Let us know who you would like to see and/or be honored at Goalies Night on December 8th. Vote for your three favorite Goalies below!

Voting closes Friday, August 12 at 11:59 p.m.

*Please note that players are subject to availability

I figured this was a good topic to talk about during the dead of summer even if it's not focused on the event itself and more so about all-time Flyers goalies.

Please note that for in order to actually count for the Heritage Night you have to input your votes on the Flyers website.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Please select your three (3) favorite players to attend Tough Guys Heritage Night."

Should Pelle be an option?

Edit: Oh, there was a really easy solution. Thanks BP :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"Please select your three (3) favorite players to attend Tough Guys Heritage Night."

Should Pelle be an option?

Edit: Oh, there was a really easy solution. Thanks BP :laugh:

Yeah, they messed that up with the "Tough Guys" being there.

The solution is real easy for the three but hey it's slow this time of year.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Don't shoot the messenger on Leighton, he's on the Flyers list of options as sad as that is.

Obviously Cechmanek is a crazy SOB and wouldn't come but he should probably be on that list over a few people IMO. It does have the "*Please note that players are subject to availability" disclaimer after all.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If we're talking about the three best goalies...the choices are obvious...Parent, Lindbergh, and Hextall. If it is who are my three favorite goalies of all time for the Flyers, I'd have to say Hextall, Boucher, and Esche. Biron, Nitty, and yes Michael Leighton are also on the list, but they are down a bit more.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Will Pelle garner enough votes? I feel like the Flyers want the 3 goalies to actually attend the game although it's not like they won't acknowledge Lindbergh if he gets voted into the top 3.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I guess it is merely a result of so many younger Voters who have never seen Bernie... but just the same, it is a sad commentary that he is not a 100% selection.

Maybe asking 'who do you want' and 'vote for your three favorite' leaves the door open for a few snubs.

... That said; Really, guys... REALLY?!?!?!?! :shakehead

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Bernie... Hexy... Pelle.

Honorable mention on favorites goes to; Favell, Stephenson, Boosch, Marty, Esche and Chico.

And qualified nods to Peeters and Checkmaniac... for being talented although also being jerks.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I guess it is merely a result of so many younger Voters who have never seen Bernie... but just the same, it is a sad commentary that he is not a 100% selection.

Maybe asking 'who do you want' and 'vote for your three favorite' leaves the door open for a few snubs.

... That said; Really, guys... REALLY?!?!?!?! :shakehead

No kidding. Hexy couldn't carry Bernie's jock as a goalie.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Leighton. Sorry, but I have a sick sense of humor, if you didn't notice what my screen name's namesake did in the most recent episode of the show it's from. (he engineered all of that ****)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad