Speculation: Goalies, goalies, goalies

Who is the next number one goalie?

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Two years from now I see Hogberg and Daccord as an above average NHL tandem.
I think Daccord is the guy. He has been developed right his dad is a goalie coach. Moves really well, elite puck handler.

Liking Hig's game as well.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Two years from now I see Hogberg and Daccord as an above average NHL tandem.
I am hoping so too. Both have really stepped up this year. I just hope they don't try to change Daccord's style.. He is very active and battles really hard to keep the puck out. Love his play... He comes up with HUGE saves often.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
is there a danger in a repeat of the Anderson, Lehner, Bishop scenario of 5/6 years ago?

Of course, until we learn to read the future we will never know what any outcome will be & as long as we are dealing with people in this business it's next to impossible to predict any outcome & then there is the possibility of injuries that could end a player's career (MacArthur). You do the best you can with all of the pertinent information you have & hope for the best that you have made the best decision & that you can live with the results & always have a backup plan.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Of course, until we learn to read the future we will never know what any outcome will be & as long as we are dealing with people in this business it's next to impossible to predict any outcome & then there is the possibility of injuries that could end a player's career (MacArthur). You do the best you can with all of the pertinent information you have & hope for the best that you have made the best decision & that you can live with the results & always have a backup plan.

Thanks Aragon..by the way Boucher is out.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The expansion draft makes our goalie situation really interesting. Without a side deal, they will only be able to protect one goalie. While a year should buy the team more clarity, that's going to be a very difficult choice. They will be forced to project who their best bet is in net much earlier than they otherwise would have been forced to.
I think there will be better options for Seattle in our unprotected skaters than unproven goalies.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I think there will be better options for Seattle in our unprotected skaters than unproven goalies.

Are you kidding. They can take anyone they want!!

The team can protect 10!!! recent draft picks are exempt. Nothing to worry about.

Seattle
is going to look at the Sens, and see if they can defer their pick 2-3 years.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON

A bit of a log jam in net and pushing contract limits, hope they sign him though, if not he should be added to the deadline trade list.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

A bit of a log jam in net and pushing contract limits, hope they sign him though, if not he should be added to the deadline trade list.

I'd like to see the Sens sign him as well. They can sign him after the tdl presumably they will have less contracts.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is it time to start to worry about Nilsson a bit? Our nine day break has come and gone and Nilsson still isn't skating with the team, with no timetable for his return. He's been out for over a month now with the concussion. Any time you have a player with lingering concussion symptoms you definitely get concerned...

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Is it time to start to worry about Nilsson a bit? Our nine day break has come and gone and Nilsson still isn't skating with the team, with no timetable for his return. He's been out for over a month now with the concussion. Any time you have a player with lingering concussion symptoms you definitely get concerned...

I have been wondering about this, the whole situation seems very fishy to me. Did I miss where he got this concussion? No mention of it happening in a game, a practice, walking down the street, nothing.

>puts on tinfoil hat<
Do you think the team may have shut him down cause he was single-handedly killing the tank? Maybe to showcase Andy more? Or to get Hogberg up to help with the logjam in the AHL/ECHL?
>takes off tinfoil hat<

The whole sitch seems strange and slipped under the rug a bit, just the same if this is legit this could be pretty serious since he has not started even skating at this point.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I have been wondering about this, the whole situation seems very fishy to me. Did I miss where he got this concussion? No mention of it happening in a game, a practice, walking down the street, nothing.

>puts on tinfoil hat<
Do you think the team may have shut him down cause he was single-handedly killing the tank? Maybe to showcase Andy more? Or to get Hogberg up to help with the logjam in the AHL/ECHL?
>takes off tinfoil hat<

The whole sitch seems strange and slipped under the rug a bit, just the same if this is legit this could be pretty serious since he has not started even skating at this point.

I can't see your tinfoil hat theory having any reality to it. I agree though that it came out of nowhere and is concerning. I don't recall where he took the hit to the head. Hopefully he's ok soon. In the meantime Hogberg continues to impress and is locking up his spot for next year

Reactions: DrEasy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Just browsing through Twitter and came across a bit of news/debate regarding the tenders. It appears as though the org plans to send down Hogberg as soon as Nilsson is healthy again, keeping Andy and Nilsson here for the remainder of the season. Seemingly, one of the two guys in Belleville will go to Brampton, the wrench in this is that both those guys have been very good, while Hogberg seems to have shown himself to be the best of the 3.

Thoughts?

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Just browsing through Twitter and came across a bit of news/debate regarding the tenders. It appears as though the org plans to send down Hogberg as soon as Nilsson is healthy again, keeping Andy and Nilsson here for the remainder of the season. Seemingly, one of the two guys in Belleville will go to Brampton, the wrench in this is that both those guys have been very good, while Hogberg seems to have shown himself to be the best of the 3.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I mentioned that in the GDT yesterday. (you boycott those though, don't you?).

It's fine. We go super deep and maybe win the Calder Cup. I am all for it. Gives our future goalie some Playoff exposure.

Smart move.

The only thing is... let's hope we don't trade away one of out awesome goalies... yet.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Thoughts?

Not sure they really have any other realistic options. Nobody is going to trade for Andy. We don't want to move Nilsson because he is part of the plan for next year. What else can you do, keep 3 guys up here?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yeah, I mentioned that in the GDT yesterday. (you boycott those though, don't you?).

It's fine. We go super deep and maybe win the Calder Cup. I am all for it. Gives our future goalie some Playoff exposure.

Smart move.

The only thing is... let's hope we don't trade away one of out awesome goalies... yet.
I actually dont boycott them at all, I have kids to take care of after school/work, so that maybe explains it a little better than the argument you are attempting to provoke.

Sometimes things get lost in the GDT, figured this is a relevant discussion. I think its an interesting debate.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not sure they really have any other realistic options. Nobody is going to trade for Andy. We don't want to move Nilsson because he is part of the plan for next year. What else can you do, keep 3 guys up here?
I guess an argument could be made to keep all 3 here, but that's not really ideal. Gus/Daccord are both rolling so it would be a tough call to send either of those 2 to Brampton.

Why mess with whats working? Keep Hog here, rotate Andy/Nilsson in and out and get them some starts, like a 50/25/25 split, or rotate the 3 if need be. Continue with the Daccord/Gus tandem until they cool down. Hog is proving he is NHL caliber may as well keep giving him starts until he shows he needs more seasoning or if Gus/Daccord cant carry the load.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I actually dont boycott them at all, I have kids to take care of after school/work, so that maybe explains it a little better than the argument you are attempting to provoke.

Sometimes things get lost in the GDT, figured this is a relevant discussion. I think its an interesting debate.

Relax, Bath. It was a sarcasm. :)

Sounds like you are a good parent.

As for Hogberg, definitely playoffs and the final push for placement in the playoffs will be better than the losing streak the Sens are about to embark on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad