Goalienut's Prospect Draft Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
Goalienut I hope you don't mind I started this thread. The other one was hard to tell who was taken already. you might be busy so i figured I would start this round now.

ROUND 7
1 Minnesota-- Primetime955-- Peter Sejna
2 NY Rangers-- Apexice-- Jiri Hudler
3 Atlanta-- ****
4 Detroit-- fischer8-- Mike Green
5 Phoenix-- hedberg16-- David Leneveau
6 Montreal-- Katodelder-- Clarke MacArthur
7 Ottawa-- Crosby=Gretzky-- Ray Emery
8 Calgary-- Leafsfan1001-- Jyle Wellwood
9 Anaheim-- Fighter-- Kyle Chipchura
10 Edmonton-- Bruinsyear--
11 St. Louis-- ORBluesFan--
12 Vancouver-- Morrison_Rulz--
13 Colorado-- goalienut--
14 Boston-- Heatley Wanted--
15 Florida-- a8thegreat--
16 Chicago-- djscooter--

Round 1

1 Minnesota-- Primetime955-- Sidney Crosby
2 NY Rangers-- Apexice-- Alexander Ovechkin
3 Atlanta-- kyLe "Run, Morris, Run"-- Kari Lehtonen
4 Detroit-- fischer8-- Evgeni Malkin
5 Phoenix-- hedberg16-- Dion Phaneuf
6 Montreal-- Katodelder-- Jeff Carter
7 Ottawa-- Crosby=Gretzky-- Nikolai Zherdev
8 Calgary-- Leafsfan1001-- Nathan Hornton
9 Anaheim-- Fighter-- Rob Schremp
10 Edmonton-- Bruinsyear-- Thomas Vanek
11 St. Louis-- ORBluesFan-- Ryan Suter
12 Vancouver-- Morrison_Rulz-- Gilbert Brule
13 Colorado-- goalienut-- Ryan Miller
14 Boston-- Heatley Wanted-- Zach Parise
15 Florida-- a8thegreat-- Anze Kopitar
16 Chicago-- djscooter-- Marc-Andre Fleury

Round 2
17 Chicago-- Mike Richards
18 Florida-- Rostislav Olesz
19 Boston-- Cam Barker
20 Colorado-- Alexander Semin
21 Vancouver-- Ryan Getzlaf
22 St Louis-- Dustin Brown
23 Edmonton-- Hannu Toivonen
24 Anaheim-- Jack Johnson
25 Calgary-- Shea Weber
26 Ottawa-- Milan Michelak
27 Montreal-- Anthony Stewart
28 Pheonix-- Braydon Coburn
29 Detroit-- Cam Ward
30 Atlanta
31 New York-- Corey Perry
32 Minnesota-- Patrick O' Sullivan

Round 3

1. Minne-- Jack Skille
2 NYR-- Beniot Pouliot
3 Atl
4 Det-- Andrei Kostitsyn
5 Phx-- Eric Fehr
6 Mon-- Brent Seabrook
7 Ott-- Andrej Meszaros
8 Cal-- Anton Babchuck
9. Ana-- Marek Schwarz
10 Edm-- Fedor Tjutin
11 StL-- Bobby Ryan
12 Van-- Andrew Ladd
13 Col-- Blake Wheeler
14 Bos--Mikko Koivu
15 Flor--Lauri Tukonen
16 Chi--Mike Cammaleri

Round 4

1 Chicago-- Marc Staal
2 Florida-- Travis Zajac
3 Boston-- Niklas Kronwall
4 Colorado-- Alex Bourret
5 Vancouver-- Ryan Whitney
6 St Louis-- Igor Grigorenko
7 Edmonton-- Antoine Vermette
8 Anaheim-- Ladislav Smid
9 Calgary-- Carlo Colaiacovo
10 Ottawa-- Alex Steen
11 Montreal-- Dan Fritsche
12 Pheonix-- Maxime Ouellet
13 Detroit-- Mark Stuart
14 Atlanta--*****
15 New York-- AJ Thelan
16 Minnesota--Al Montoya

Round 5
1 Minnesota-- Primetime955-- Keith Ballard
2 NY Rangers-- Apexice-- Steve Bernier
3 Atlanta-- ****
4 Detroit-- fischer8-- Alexander Perezhogin
5 Phoenix-- hedberg16-- Derek Roy
6 Montreal-- Katodelder-- Denis Grebeshkov
7 Ottawa-- Crosby=Gretzky-- Shaone Morrisonn
8 Calgary-- Leafsfan1001-- Jeff Glass
9 Anaheim-- Fighter-- Alexandre Picard
10 Edmonton-- Bruinsyear-- Marc-Antoine Pouliot
11 St. Louis-- ORBluesFan-- Alexander Radulov
12 Vancouver-- Morrison_Ryan Kesler
13 Colorado-- goalienut-- Steve Eminger
14 Boston-- Heatley Wanted-- Henrik Lundqvist
15 Florida-- a8thegreat-- Carey Price
16 Chicago-- djscooter-- Wojtek Wolski

Round 6
1 Chicago-- Shawn Belle
2 Florida-- Ryan Parent
3 Boston-- Drew Stafford
4 Colorado-- RJ Umberger
5 Vancouver-- Patrick Eaves
6 St Louis-- Carl Soderberg
7 Edmonton-- Robert Nilsson
8 Anaheim-- Petteri Nokelainen
9 Calgary-- Danny Syvret
10 Ottawa-- Brent Burns
11 Montreal-- Jason Pominville
12 Pheonix-- Nigel Dawes
13 Detroit-- Christian Ehrhoff
14 Atlanta--*****
15 New York-- Trevor Daley
16 Minnesota--Jeff Tambellini

Last edited:

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
Phoenix-- hedberg16-3:38AM 5/7

Teams that missed their picks-make a selection anytime
Montreal

fischer8

Jul 9, 2004
The Detroit Red Wings select their first defenseman of the draft....Mark Stuart.

And I'm just going to skip Atlanta and send the PM to New York...is that fine with everyone?

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
The Montreal Canadiens are going to take a gamble on Dan Fritsche to be their second line centre behind Jeff Carter.

I'm very interested to know just how far some of you were prepared to let him fall, and would like feedback on this pick. I am aware of his two shoulder surgeries, his reputation for having a difficult attitude, and his lackluster first stint in the NHL. Despite all that I'm surprised to see him still on the board in the lower 4th round, but I would like to know your thoughts specifically on the value of Dan Fritsche as the 59th pick of this draft. If it breaks some sort of 'mock draft cardinal rule' and I don't get a response I'll understand, but I'm curious to know if any of you would have taken him before Montreal's next pick: 5th round, 70th overall.

Thanks in advance.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
katodelder said:
The Montreal Canadiens are going to take a gamble on Dan Fritsche to be their second line centre behind Jeff Carter.

I'm very interested to know just how far some of you were prepared to let him fall, and would like feedback on this pick. I am aware of his two shoulder surgeries, his reputation for having a difficult attitude, and his lackluster first stint in the NHL. Despite all that I'm surprised to see him still on the board in the lower 4th round, but I would like to know your thoughts specifically on the value of Dan Fritsche as the 59th pick of this draft. If it breaks some sort of 'mock draft cardinal rule' and I don't get a response I'll understand, but I'm curious to know if any of you would have taken him before Montreal's next pick: 5th round, 70th overall.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I can't have taken him before your next pick, but he is a decent pickup. IMO a little early to take him off the board, as I suspected he would slide, but he may have been someone I would have looked at about the 6th/7th round.

No issues discussing picks after they happen, just not good suggesting names before they are picked.

fischer8

Jul 9, 2004
Good pick with Fritsche. I was looking at him for second line center. A good choice and he has nice size too. Some players I thought would slide have been scooped up pretty early (Kronwall).

Overall a good pick, especially since he has actually seen game time in the NHL.

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
katodelder said:

Thanks in advance.

I think its a good pick, he has had the injury bug and what not but I thought he looked great in the WJC.

I almost took him with my last pick but went with Vermette because he has played some games with the big club and looks to be full time by 06-07.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
With thier selection in the 4th round, the Minnesota Wild are pleased to select from the Univerisity of Michigan, goalie Al Montoya.

He made his best impact on the hockey scene when he helped Team USA defeat Team Canada in the 2004 World Juniors to take the gold medal. He was also named the top goaltender of the tournament. Inspired by his success, he played to his potential in the NCAA and ended his season with a multitude of honors. The Glenview, Illinois native is in his third season with the Wolverines. He’s as quick as they come and he likes to be involved in the game.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
With the first selection in the 5th round the Minnesota Wild are pleased to select blueliner Keith Ballard formerly from the University of Minnesota.

********--Sidney Crosby--Jack Skille
********--Pat O'Sullivan--********

Keith Ballard--********

Alvaro Montoya

fischer8

Jul 9, 2004
With their Fifth Round pick, the Detroit Red Wings select- Alexander Perezhogin. I have some high risk/high reward players on offense, so hopefully for me they pan out...

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
With their 5th round selection, the Montreal Canadiens choose defenceman Denis Grebeshkov.

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
Edmonton Selects

Marc-Antoine Pouliot-C

I certainly can't pass this kid up. He is a lock for second line scoring center with the potential to become a top line center.

Pouliot had an outstanding year with 114 pts in Rimouski. He is the leader and captain of the club that has the a lot of pressure on them with Crosby on the team. His one problem in the past has been staying healthy and he did so this season. He also has improved apon his skating and gain some muscle in order to play at a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad