Proposal: Goalie to the Blues

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Jake Allen is Jake Allen. The team doesn't believe in him and he let's in softies on the regular. Plus, he might be injured now, so perfect excuse to look for another goalie.

Chad Johnson doesn't look like a 1B caliber goalie at this point.

Ville Husso the heir to the STL net has apparently been not so good in the AHL.

So, which goalies are available?

It doesn't need to be a superstar. A Brian Elliot or Carter Hutton caliber goalie would be A-OK.

Bobrovsky would probably be out of the price range.

Schneider would be as well, unless Allen is going back to Jersey.

Who else is available?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
A Schneider/Allen deal is probably the best bet to happen. Allen is cheaper, he’d be back with Marty, and he NEEDS a fresh start. Schneider would be a much better fit stylistically for us, and I think the team would feel more confident in front of him. His salary isn’t an issue going forward since Husso will be on his cheap years when he arrives.

Reactions: phxblue

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
A Schneider/Allen deal is probably the best bet to happen. Allen is cheaper, he’d be back with Marty, and he NEEDS a fresh start. Schneider would be a much better fit stylistically for us, and I think the team would feel more confident in front of him. His salary isn’t an issue going forward since Husso will be on his cheap years when he arrives.

What's in it for Jersey. I just read an Article about their tandom. They said Schneider is more poised and stable. Kincaid more athletic and makes highlight reel saves. But occasionally will let in a softie with a blunder.

That sounds just like Allen.

Would Jersey really want a double Jake Allen duo?

Would they want to pay both Allen and Kincaid?

It sounds like Schneider would be a much better fit for the Blues, exactly the style of goalie they need.

What would make it worth the while for Jersey?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
What's in it for Jersey. I just read an Article about their tandom. They said Schneider is more poised and stable. Kincaid more athletic and makes highlight reel saves. But occasionally will let in a softie with a blunder.

That sounds just like Allen.

Would Jersey really want a double Jake Allen duo?

Would they want to pay both Allen and Kincaid?

It sounds like Schneider would be a much better fit for the Blues, exactly the style of goalie they need.

What would make it worth the while for Jersey?

They’d save money by having Allen, and they can run them in a timeshare like we had with Allen/Elliott(where Jake performs best tbh). I could see Schneider being salty that he’s losing his job too. We’d also likely add in a decent prospect like Walman, who already has experience in your system.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
If we keep playing atrocious defense it’s going to take prime Marty Broduer to post anything above .910.

I honestly think the lack of faith in the goaltending is creating many of the problems with the defense. Everyone know's Allen gives up soft goals nearly every game. NHL tv shows and columnists, opposing players, opposing coaches, opposing fans, our fans and last but certainly not least, our players.

Remember how last year when everyone was saying the defense just kept hanging Jake out to dry, but played better in front of Allen? I think that was why.

When you have no confidence in your goalie, you make silly mistakes on defense trying to prevent scoring chances, instead of letting your goaltender do their job. At least, that's my theory at this point, based on the comments about how we played differently in front of Jake and Carter last season.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a new coach, new goalie and J-Bo in the pressbox and this team is competing to be the best team in the league.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I honestly think the lack of faith in the goaltending is creating many of the problems with the defense. Everyone know's Allen gives up soft goals nearly every game. NHL tv shows and columnists, opposing players, opposing coaches, opposing fans, our fans and last but certainly not least, our players.

Remember how last year when everyone was saying the defense just kept hanging Jake out to dry, but played better in front of Allen? I think that was why.

When you have no confidence in your goalie, you make silly mistakes on defense trying to prevent scoring chances, instead of letting your goaltender do their job. At least, that's my theory at this point, based on the comments about how we played differently in front of Jake and Carter last season.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a new coach, new goalie and J-Bo in the pressbox and this team is competing to be the best team in the league.

I mean I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. We played much much better defense last year as a group. This year we are playing man to man and the defensemen are trying to do their job but they don't have any support in the d zone because our forwards are chasing around the opposing players leaving people slashing to the net pretty wide damn open.

If someone isn't confident in a co-worker and they cannot do their job because of that it doesn't give them the excuse of of not doing their job well. Jake really hasn't been terrible outside of the last game against Chicago. That was one of the first games where almost all of the goals looked absolutely ugly. There is a reason that Jake and Chad Johnson face the most high danger percentage shots in the league and if it's confidence we need to make more changes than just Jake Allen and Chad Johnson. What I will say to go against Jake Allen though is that he is way below league average at making those high danger saves that you need from a goalie every once in a while. Is he good enough? hell no. Do we need someone else if we want to compete? Absolutely. But Jake Allen is not the bane of our existence. It's this stupid system that Yeo implemented this year for some reason.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Already been down that road too

Man... We've cast aside so many goalies in the Allen era.

Hutton
Nilsson
Elliot
Halak
Bishop
Miller

I'm not saying any are stars, but I would gladly take any of them over Chad Johnson right now, and 3 of them over Allen.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Allen and a big plus for Lundqvist retained. Rangers are one of the only teams that can afford or will want to take Allen and his contract from the Blues and give them a clear upgrade in goal.

Reactions: zaqq

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Allen and a big plus for Lundqvist retained. Rangers are one of the only teams that can afford or will want to take Allen and his contract from the Blues and give them a clear upgrade in goal.

Would have to retain 50. And even then I personally would only be okay with Allen + Blais and a 2nd in a year in which we have a first. We’ve traded for a goalie before and it wasn’t the best outcome (Miller)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad