Goalie Schedule

DjD4GGR

Jun 15, 2010
Gatineau, Quebec
Hey i was wondering how you guys would handle things the rest of the way. Personally i think we should play Scrivens in both back to back games considering if we've clinched a playoff spot in the near future like that we can give Reimer a week off before playing Montreal who will likely be our 1st round match-up imo. Also Phaneuf and Kessel should sit in one the back to backs turn by turn. Our whole team should be full strength in that last game vs Montreal. What do you guys think?

Kessley Snipes*

Hey i was wondering how you guys would handle things the rest of the way. Personally i think we should play Scrivens in both back to back games considering if we've clinched a playoff spot in the near future like that we can give Reimer a week off before playing Montreal who will likely be our 1st round match-up imo. Also Phaneuf and Kessel should sit in one the back to backs turn by turn. Our whole team should be full strength in that last game vs Montreal. What do you guys think?

If we clinch this week, I would continue rolling with Reimer. Giving guys a day off when it isnt necessary this time of year can take them out of the playoff mentality and we want guys to be rolling at the beginning of the first round. LA won the cup last year because they played like their lives depended on it for a month before the playoffs started and they caught a Vancouver team off guard in the first (who by the way was resting their goalies)

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Scrivens against Florida. Reimer for the rest.

Ease up on minutes for the top guys, no need to sit them.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe Scrivens against Florida because of the back to back.

As long as we have a chance to move up or drop I don't want to be resting Reimer.

Also it's not a good idea to rest someone for an entire week heading into the playoffs. They'll get rusty. 1 game sure, 1 week no

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Give Reims the game against the Isles, Ottawa, Tampa or Florida and Montreal, give Scrivens, either Tampa or Florida

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I tend to agree with what OP said. Reimer is injury prone and if he got injured again just before the playoffs, i think we can chalk up a 1st round exit automatically.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Gotta keep the momentum going with Reimer full tilt. I don't think it's a good idea to platoon guys when it's sunny and 20 degrees outside!

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
You give Scrivens one of the Florida teams and ride Reimer the rest.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
I think we need to be focusing on playoff seed position rather than coasting after we clinch. Home ice advantage is not out of each for the Leafs. I would play Scrivens against Florida and keep going with Reimer the rest of the way.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
If we face Montreal in the playoffs, do you want to risk Reimer being run over in the last game so we only have Scrivens + AHL goalie against them in the playoffs??
But, but, but, ..... what if they run over Reimer in game one of a playoff series?:amazed:
Better play Scrivens from here to the cup finals so Reimer won't get hurt!:laugh:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Maybe let Scribbles play against Florida but we need our big stars and key players to keep logging in their minutes. We need them in game shape come playoff time. Maybe when we are winning a game by a good margin either just tighten up and play defensivly or just lower the minutes of Kessel/Lupul/Phaneuf.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'd just play Reimer. We still could win the division, 4 points out. If Bruins lose a few in a row..

Or we play Habs and we gotta try to get home ice. So either way, roll with Reimer to try for a better seed.

Would you rather play like Montreal after clinching?

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Maybe let Scribbles play against Florida but we need our big stars and key players to keep logging in their minutes. We need them in game shape come playoff time. Maybe when we are winning a game by a good margin either just tighten up and play defensivly or just lower the minutes of Kessel/Lupul/Phaneuf.

Not sure I would lower Lupul's minutes after we've clinched, he hasn't played that much.
I don't like the idea of sitting guys to rest for the playoffs, need to keep the right mentality. Just ease up on the minutes a bit, and give them to cold players in hope that they break out of their slump (MacA and Frattin).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad